Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to move /Applications in 1.1.3

Default how to move /Applications in 1.1.3
    I have an iTouch and I have tried the new dev team 1.1.3 upgrade. while i like most of the features that the new firmware has, it has a very small amount of space to add apps. I have tried moving apps like i did with the 1.1.2 firmware (ln -s private/var/root/Applications /Applications) and i have tried moving the apps folder to /private/var/mobile and to /private/var with no success.

right now i have downgraded to 1.1.2 firmware so that i have room to install apps but if anyone can tell me where to move the apps folder, i will upgrade back to 1.1.3.

Thanks in advance.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Install BossTools and use it to move everything, works nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamphire View Post
    Install BossTools and use it to move everything, works nicely.
    I've tried that. It would show the spinning wheel, then stop an say that the apps weren't moved. I check the free space on the first partition and it still said 0% free. I the tried re-jailbreaking and installing only bosstool after bsd subsystem but got the same results.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Try and Move Fonts after that you wont need to move apps because you get roughly 100 MB free.

Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    Try and Move Fonts after that you wont need to move apps because you get roughly 100 MB free.
    i had moved the fonts but i'm the guy that has 30+ apps. i'm using 1.1.2 right now with 37 apps but i would like to upgrade to 1.1.3 again and still be able to install a lot of stuff.

Send an email to BossTool's creator, you should find his email in the contact section of the installer. He might be able to help you better then me.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

pm the user BigBoss, he is on this site