Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't Upgrade to 1.1.3--Need Some Help Here Guys....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Can't Upgrade to 1.1.3--Need Some Help Here Guys....
    o i'v got a 1.1.2 jailbroken iPod touch here, with bsd subsystems, ssh, and the new installer. I have tried FOUR different ways of trying to upgrade to 1.1.3 and they all fail. The "Official 1.1.3 upgrader" downloads but when i start the the application its stuck on restore 0%, when i try ipodtouchmasters method "1.1.3 upgrade + apps" it starts the download but after ten minutes my itouch restarts and is screwed up. When I try the ssh method of "Jailbreak 1.1.3" it goes into command promt and it seems to be working but after a few minutes i get this error saying it can't copy the files. When i try the "ijailbreakmobile" way through terminal i get the same error i get when i try to ssh it through commandpromt. I also get an error when i SHH saying "host key changed" but despite the error i'm still able to connect to Cute FTP. Just so you know iv restored my itouch back to 1.1.1 and then through the whole jailbreak proccess of 1.1.2 for every time i tried these things... i'v probably done the whole proccess about 12 times now so i'm really getting frustrated!!! any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

on 1.1.2 are you sure you have the latest bsd subsystem 2.0 installed b4 upgrading?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    on 1.1.2 are you sure you have the latest bsd subsystem 2.0 installed b4 upgrading?
    haha yeah im positive, I install BSD Subsystems and SSH right before I try the updating methods.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

how about space, do you have plenty of free space available i.e. no music or videos or tons of apps on there?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how about space, do you have plenty of free space available i.e. no music or videos or tons of apps on there?
    Nothing whats-so-ever, as I said, every time I try an update is right after i restore the thing to 1.1.1 and go through the whole 1.1.2 jailbreak process, so the only thing on there is BSD and SSH.
    Last edited by bcbuse; 2008-02-04 at 07:50 AM. Reason: punctiation didn't make sense

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

hmm, from 1.1.2 jailbroken, install the newest bsd / installer. I assume there is a source somewhere with the touch jailbreak specifically, although i believe the dev team updated their source (in community sources) to be 100% compatible with the touch

exit from installer

ssh into your touch from your computer

type in /Applications/Installer.app/Installer then hit enter

installer will run on your touch. while leaving your ssh window open and connected on your computer run the jailbreak via installer on your touch (make sure autolock is off and you are on wifi first)

a log of whats going on through the installer 1.1.3 upgrade will show up on your computer ssh window, let it run around 50 mins, if there are any problems paste your ssh log into a post here or into a site like pastebin and link me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hmm, from 1.1.2 jailbroken, install the newest bsd / installer. I assume there is a source somewhere with the touch jailbreak specifically, although i believe the dev team updated their source (in community sources) to be 100% compatible with the touch

exit from installer

installer will run on your touch. while leaving your ssh window open and connected on your computer run the jailbreak via installer on your touch (make sure autolock is off and you are on wifi first)

a log of whats going on through the installer 1.1.3 upgrade will show up on your computer ssh window, let it run around 50 mins, if there are any problems paste your ssh log into a post here or into a site like pastebin and link me.
    Nice i'll try that later, i got a tip from someone else that i should do recovery mode instead of just restoring it to 1.1.1 before i start the whole jailbreaking proccess over. So once i do that, i'll try to your suggestion.

Dude Turn Auto Lock OFF the Official Upgrader will work It might seem like it is taking a while because of your Internet connection but There is no reason it wouldn't work other than a Hardware problem. You have the same software as everyone else so unless your 1.1.2 software is Corrupt its Hardware or internet connection.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    Dude Turn Auto Lock OFF the Official Upgrader will work It might seem like it is taking a while because of your Internet connection but There is no reason it wouldn't work other than a Hardware problem. You have the same software as everyone else so unless your 1.1.2 software is Corrupt its Hardware or internet connection.
    Nothing to do with the autolock being off because I ALWAYS turn it to never, the ipod touch just restarts itself after ten minutes without finishing the download....

exit from installer

I'm not sure if i made it clear enough earlier but whenever i try to SHH through Cute FTP i get the error saying "THE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!"
    unless the serve host key has intentionally been changed by the server admin. It is possible that you are being subjected to a man-in-the-middle attack. blah blah blah blah... whould you still like to connect to this host? (YES OR NO)

-i say yes, then another box pops up saying

"do you wan't to change the host key on disk (yes/no)?"

anyway i can connect to Cute FTP but could that^^^ possibly be the reason why i can't download 1.1.3?

IF SO...DO NOT TELL ME TO RESTORE TO 1.1.1 OR GO TO RECOVERY, BECAUSE I GET THIS EVERY TIME I COME OUT OF RESTORING/RECOVERING.
    Last edited by bcbuse; 2008-02-05 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

no, thats just basic host keys in windows, say yes whenever it asks, no big deal

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no, thats just basic host keys in windows, say yes whenever it asks, no big deal
    so i tried you earlier method (Cash) of trying to log the install but i can only go as far as application/installer.app and not application/installer.app/installer. So I was unable to log it. I may just be stuck on 1.1.2 forever

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

so if you enter in "/Applications/Installer.app/Installer" via ssh it doesnt run installer on your touch?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

bcbuse (2008-02-06)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH PRAISE BABY JESUS! SO I FIGURED THE ONLY POSSIBLE PROBLEM LEFT WAS MY CONNECTION. SO LAST NIGHT I GOT IN MY CAR AND DROVE DOWN MY STREET UNTIL I FOUND AN OPEN WIRELESS SIGNAL, AND IT FREAKING WORKED! 1.1.3 DOWNLOADED! BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE, BECAUSE I DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING ELSE FROM MY CONNECTION. SO THEN I WEN'T BACK HOME AND TRACKED MY PROBLEM DOWN TO AN IP CONFLICT.
    thanks to all you guys that tried to help me out...
    Last edited by bcbuse; 2008-02-07 at 12:25 AM. Reason: too many HALLELUJAH'S lol

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

hahahaha classic, well at least you discovered you should submit your wireless router to "will it blend"