Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Someone Freaking HELP ME!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Can't Upgrade to 1.1.3--Need Some Help Here Guys...
    move or delete this thread, I already have the other thread...
    Last edited by bcbuse; 2008-02-06 at 06:08 AM. Reason: move or delete this thread (it's the same as my other thread)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

are you connected to wifi when trying to upgrade? if not then connect
    If i helped hit Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah... I'm definitely connected. I'm pretty sure it's a software problem, but it dosnt make sense-iv restored to 1.1.1 and upgraded and jailbreaked to 1.1.2 (12) times now... trying each of the (now) 4 methods three times each. just a few minutes ago i tried using ijailbreakmobile, which i think came out today that installs through the v-terminal app, and i got the same error i got when i tried installing through ssh, it can't copy the files, they don't exist, so on and so forth...

DOwnload bosstools and make sure you have some room left in your applications folder, that's probably why it won't install.

Here's what worked for me:
    1 - Go into recovery mode (not just restore, I think it wipes the iPhone/iPoT more thoroughly).
    2 - In recovery mode (update button is grayed out in iTunes and it says you need to restore before you can sync with iTunes) restore to 1.1.1.
    3 - Jailbreakme.com
    4 - Installer OKtoPrep (I heard the new jailbreakme already installs oktoprep, but jailbreak1.1.2 doesn't really recognizes it being installed) Quit installer. (I do this every installation, just to make sure nothing goes wrong, might be a bit dull, but it's how I did it)
    5 - Jailbreak to 1.1.2 (I checked the install ssh, too) / wait for the restarts.
    6 - Installer BSD Subsystem. Quit Installer.
    7 - Installer Open SSH (Yea, sounds like a dupe, but it was required by elite team method so I installed it just to make sure it worked) Quit Installer.
    8 - From here I followed the instructions contained on these videos:
    8A - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7PsJXI0fg"]YouTube - AUTOMATIC Jailbreak 1.1.3 + get iPhone apps. for iPod Touch![/ame]
    8B - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJOXIb6WEkI"]YouTube - How to Jailbreak your iPod Touch or iPhone in 1.1.3! PART 2![/ame]

It looks like its hanging in 3/4ths of installation progress, but in my case, 25mins later it rebooted into 1.1.3 (+januaryupdate).

My iPoT is an OTB 1.1.1, so if yours is one, I GUARANTEE it works.
    Otherwise it could be that a different bootloader version makes some sort of difference.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pedro.frota For This Useful Post:

bcbuse (2008-02-04)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pedro.frota View Post
    1 - Go into recovery mode (not just restore, I think it wipes the iPhone/iPoT more thoroughly).
    2 - In recovery mode (update button is grayed out in iTunes and it says you need to restore before you can sync with iTunes) restore to 1.1.1.
    3 - Jailbreakme.com
    4 - Installer OKtoPrep (I heard the new jailbreakme already installs oktoprep, but jailbreak1.1.2 doesn't really recognizes it being installed) Quit installer. (I do this every installation, just to make sure nothing goes wrong, might be a bit dull, but it's how I did it)
    5 - Jailbreak to 1.1.2 (I checked the install ssh, too) / wait for the restarts.
    6 - Installer BSD Subsystem. Quit Installer.
    7 - Installer Open SSH (Yea, sounds like a dupe, but it was required by elite team method so I installed it just to make sure it worked) Quit Installer.
    8 - From here I followed the instructions contained on these videos:
    8A - YouTube - AUTOMATIC Jailbreak 1.1.3 + get iPhone apps. for iPod Touch!
    8B - YouTube - How to Jailbreak your iPod Touch or iPhone in 1.1.3! PART 2!

It looks like its hanging in 3/4ths of installation progress, but in my case, 25mins later it rebooted into 1.1.3 (+januaryupdate).

My iPoT is an OTB 1.1.1, so if yours is one, I GUARANTEE it works.
    Otherwise it could be that a different bootloader version makes some sort of difference.
    So i'v done everything correctly on your list except brining it to recovery mode, so i'll try that today, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zamphire View Post
    DOwnload bosstools and make sure you have some room left in your applications folder, that's probably why it won't install.
    No because, it's fresh out of 1.1.2 jailbreak every time i do it. So theres absolutly no applications besides BSD Subsystems and SSH (depending if i use the computer method)
    Last edited by bcbuse; 2008-02-04 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pedro.frota View Post
    I can verify that pedro's process works on 1.1.1 OTB
    -G

it should work... get better connection... i didnt install anything until i upgraded to 1.1.3 but i dont even like it...

Try restarting your wireless router and taking making it open connection.... helped me everytime!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mxtreme For This Useful Post:

bcbuse (2008-02-06)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks like i'll be jailbreaking my ipt when it arrives tomorrow, with no need to use a windows pc.

edit: just checked zamphire's guide and i still have to use windows to get 1.1.2 broken, nevermind.

Oh and zamphire, the link for the 1.1.2 jailbreak sofware is broken.
    Last edited by arekisu; 2008-02-05 at 10:25 PM.