Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need some real help for ipod touch, 1.1.3 jailbreaked

Default need some real help for ipod touch, 1.1.3 jailbreaked
    hey,
    first of all i would like to thank everyone who made jailbreaking and install apps on the ipod touch available. but i have some questions abt it. i'm new to all these hacking stuff so please bear with me.

first, what is SSH? cause to be its just a needed application. the only options i have on SSH is on/off and the changing of passwords. i see others talking abt SSH as if its something like DOS mode. and the same thing applies to the BSD subsystem. i don't know what it does. all i know its needed when i wanna jailbreak to 1.1.3

second, on my 1.1.3 jailbreaked, i can't seem to get summerboard to work. i change themes but nothing changes when i restart the springboard.

third, i see apps that can be downloaded from this site, and i dl'ed some apps but i don't know how to put them into my ipod touch.

if someone would help me with these questions, it would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you.

also, i would like to can i install openSSH into my ipodtouch 1.1.3? because i try to use installer to install it, it gives me, "package download failed!"
    Last edited by ilzw; 2008-02-03 at 05:58 PM.

Default enable ssh
    YES YOU want to enable ssh... it allows you to install some of the iphone apps on your ipod touch... im not sure how to do it but i know that you should have it enabled

http://theidoctor.blogspot.com/2008/...i-touches.html

also. to install third party apps... you need to do it from your installer.app on your ipod touch

yeah i know i have to enable OpenSSH but the problem is, how do i install them? because i get a "download package failed" when i try to install it from installer.

and for the apps, i mean those apps that can be downloaded form this site, how do i add them into my ipod touch?