Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: major help!?!? I cant get my contacts!!

Unhappy major help!?!? I cant get my contacts!!
    OK, I just jailbroke my 8gig iphone 2g, and I got cydia and everything, but now it seem I am missing all my contacts!?!? how do I get my contacts back? because when I click restore it says "are you sure you want to restore to factory settings?" after this is done you will have the chance to restore all your calenders, contacts and settings. do you want to do this? I dont want to do that right or should I?

please someone help?!!

You should be able to sync them back on, unless you never backed it up, in which case you can't. You shouldn't have to restore to get everything back.

Didn't you sync your contacts with Outlook, Google, iMail, etc.? If you did all you have to do is have iTunes sync them back from where ever you backed them up. If you didn't, then chaulk this one up to a learing experience. Never perform a jailbreak or restore before first backing up your phone.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

When you do a restore with a jailbroken iphone, make sure that you SHIFT click restore or Option Click restore (mac) and restore to your custom firmware. If you are not jailbroken then you can hit the restore button.