Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak from any iPod Touch Tutorial.

Yes go to vomoco.blogspot.com download the ziphone app to your mac run it and perform the unlocking it takes about 3 minutes to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by cscho0415 View Post
    When ever i try to restore to 1.1.1 i get a message that says "The ipod "ipod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)."... by the way im running on an intel mac... also im using itunes 6... and im using an itouch that was previously jalibroken in 1.1.2 but upgraded regularly to 1.1.3... plz help and thank you
    Yes go to http://vomoco.blogspot.com/download the ziphone app to your mac run it and perform the unlocking it takes about 3 minutes to unlock.
    Last edited by cardoso; 2008-02-27 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

after i completed step 1, "OkToPrep" never showed up under All Programs in Installer? what did i do wrong? how do i fix it?

thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by todkimmel View Post
    after i completed step 1, "OkToPrep" never showed up under All Programs in Installer? what did i do wrong? how do i fix it?

thanks
    Nothing is wrong, happens to me too. You have to install "community sources" first from installer than when you do that it will add a folder called Tweaks 1.1.1 and its in there. It took about 10 minutes of me refreshing my installer before community resources showed up in installer though

I started with 1.1.2 jb'd, restored to 1.1.1 and upgraded to 1.1.3 jailbroken w/ apps & wiggle! Everything is great, except for 1 small thing: my digital copy of the Family Guy Star Wars epi is the only thing that won't play. My other movies (ripped) play, my only album from Itunes plays, and the couple of Amazon mp3's work. The movie plays in iTunes fine but the iPod states "This movie cannot be played." I have resynced to remove/add it twice and it will not play. NOTE: I was on 1.1.2 jb when I got the dvd and downloaded the copy from iTunes.

the link that you provided for the 1.1.2 jailbreak under wynd doesnt exist anymore...any suggestions?

yeah same here, the link for the 1.1.2 jailbreak file isnt there.
    aim: ryanalmightyy get at me

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

I've heard that if you copy the 1.1.3 firmware using winscp or whatever program you use into a specific place (forgot where) than the 1.1.3 update will go ALOOOOTTTT quicker. Thought i'd share that ellaborate tip with everyone cause it's soo useful

Any information regarding the frozen keyboard?

Last night I didn't notice it but, everytime i open up safari or whatever it is im doing, and then i go to put in a URL or some other text and the keyboard freezes. Every app i have that involves a keyboard freezes upon the opening of the keyboard.

Any ideas or suggestions or whatever?
    aim: ryanalmightyy get at me

Ryan I've never seen that problem before, the best thing I can tell you to do is restore and try again

great tutotial. thanx alot

hello somone p,ease helpp me lol i have a 16 gig i pod touch .. it was in 1.1.4 buti downgraded itto 1.1.3 nothing works ziphone does not . work its goes to boot bsd or sumthing like that ipuc doesnt work and i cannot down grade to 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 does any one know what to do ? please help tthnxx

hello somone please helpp me lol i have a 16 gig i pod touch .. it was in 1.1.4 but i downgraded it to 1.1.3 nothing works ziphone does not . work its goes to boot bsd or sumthing like that ipuc doesnt work and i cannot down grade to 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 does any one know what to do ? please help tthnxx
    Last edited by podman123; 2008-03-04 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by podman123 View Post
    hello somone p,ease helpp me lol i have a 16 gig i pod touch .. it was in 1.1.4 buti downgraded itto 1.1.3 nothing works ziphone does not . work its goes to boot bsd or sumthing like that ipuc doesnt work and i cannot down grade to 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 does any one know what to do ? please help tthnxx

hello somone please helpp me lol i have a 16 gig i pod touch .. it was in 1.1.4 but i downgraded it to 1.1.3 nothing works ziphone does not . work its goes to boot bsd or sumthing like that ipuc doesnt work and i cannot down grade to 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 does any one know what to do ? please help tthnxx
    Downgrade to 1.1.1 and follow my guide.

Sorry for this really dumb question, but what, exactly is the firmware file I need to select? I downloaded the firmware files listed but when it comes time to select them in iTunes I don't know which one in the folder to select...

Ok what version are you on

I found out that the problem was that I downloaded the firmware files with Safari in OS X. When I switched to Windows and Firefox, the firmware files turned out normally and I could select them in iTunes.

However, now I have another problem. The 1.1.2 jailbreak doesn't work for me. After clicking on windows.bat there's a quick open and close of a black window and nothing else happens. Does anyone know what I should do or an alternative 1.1.2 jailbreak?

By the way, thanks for taking the time to make this guide!
    Last edited by powz; 2008-03-07 at 07:20 AM.

Yes i had that error just use mobile jailbreak in installer

it says
    utlity can only be used if you already run Oktoprep before updating 1.1.2
    what do i do?

Make sure you follow the guide, if you ran OkToPrep before upgrading to 1.1.2 like my guide said you will be fine.

You don't need to do all that stuff.
    Just use ZiPhone 2.5, which works on any firmware , and also works on the iPod Touch.

1. Restore to any firmware that you want to jailbreak.
    2. On ZiPhone, click jailbreak.
    3. It will do its thing for about 10-15 seconds, and then restart.
    4. After it restarts your iPod will be jailbroken, all in about less than 2 minutes.

Also, almost all of the applications that can be installed through installer work on 1.1.3. Once you get into installer, install BSD Subsystem, click the home button, and then go back and install anything that you would like.
    ^ True Story

Quote Originally Posted by ymsh424 View Post
    You don't need to do all that stuff.
    Just use ZiPhone 2.5, which works on any firmware , and also works on the iPod Touch.
    I used ZiPhone on my 8GB Touch and Phone and it worked fine, but there are posts all over the net saying it bricks 16 and 32GB Touchs. For that reason this guide is still valuable. This guide will no brick any version of any touch and has been tested many many times.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast