Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak from any iPod Touch Tutorial.

does downgrading mean returning to factory settings ( just out of box ) i got loads of mp3 on my itouch!!!

Yea, you'll have to back up all your songs, downgrading will lose them all. There are tons of programs that will do this, search google for "iPod Backup". I personally use a program called Copy Trans (www.copytrans.net) that works really well, but it's not free. You can find some free ones online.

bump, maybe get this stickied eventually if everyone likes it.
    Last edited by Zamphire; 2008-01-31 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey, thanks for the great tutorial, its really easy to understand but i have just one question, for the jailbreaking of 1.1.2, do i need to tick the box saying install SSH? cause your tutorial didn't state so but some others said to install SSH. maybe it doesn't do any difference. sorry just wanna confirm.

i'm sorry. but i have a problem, when i want to do the softgrade to 1.1.3, i have a problem. i clicked sources and refreshed, but i don't see the 1.1.3 jailbreak from the DevTeam anywhere. can someone help?

i'm sorry. but i have a problem, when i want to do the softgrade to 1.1.3, i have a problem. i clicked sources and refreshed, but i don't see the 1.1.3 jailbreak from the DevTeam anywhere. can someone help?
    Last edited by ilzw; 2008-02-01 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Install Community Sources from the Sources category, that should bring it up.

yeah, i did install it. but i keep pressing refresh, it doesn't appear. if you don't know why its like that, its alright. i'll try restoring to the normal 1.1.3 to try again.

because last time i did jailbreak my jailbroken 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and it was jailbroken but i thought it had some errors as all my apps were gone. they were installed, but didn't appear in my springboard. probably thats the problem?

Possibly. If your sources are all installed and refreshed, with the latest version of installer installed.. I don't know, start over again.

I don't see anywhere the 1.1.3 jailbreak, nor do I have jailbreak devteam in my sources...... However, I do see "Official 1.1.3 Upgrader" and the description is - Upgrade your 1.1.3 Iphone/iPod Touch to 1.1.3 Official dev team release...

Is this the same?

(Oh, and I DO have community sources installed)

If it says ModMyIphone or DevTeam as Contact then that's the one you need to use. Looking at my installer I don't see any 1.1.3 upgrades other then NateTrue's, although that's probably because I've already already upgraded, so I'm not sure if they've changed the name.

It says conceited software as the contact.. Should that be fine?

Yea, conceited is good too.

oh, thanks zamphire. i started everything again but still can't find the source you said. but in the even i used the "officialy 1.1.3 ..." contact as conceited software and it works. probably they removed it.

Conceited Software, if I'm not mistaken, is the name under which the DevTeam makes all their apps, so that's probably what happened.

After i installed the BSD subsystem i couldnt find the 1.1.3 jailbreak so i refreshed the sources and it still wasnt there what should i do?

Make sure community Sources is installed.

Woot, I got stickied!
    Last edited by Zamphire; 2008-02-04 at 03:12 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zamphire For This Useful Post:

bdpple (2008-02-04)

i can't install the 1.1.3 from installer.app (i'm on 1.1.2 jailbroken) i tryed the conceited software one and an other one exact as the one on mod my ifone same weight/description and they auto close themselves when it gets to download the 200mbs i DO have community sources installer
    i'm using installer 3 downloaded from here and sshd when my installer crashed when updating

any ideas?

Install the program called BossTools and use it to move your applications. The 1.1.3 is a big download and it may be crashing because you don't have any room on your app partition.

ok thanks i did it and now i'm installing the package it says "running install script -have a sandwich" and the progress bar hasn't progressd for 15 minutes now i got the pop up message under the installer which says "WARNING your running out of space erase some pics or vids" should i hang on waiting or i screwed it up??

i got the apple loading wheel at backround for about 40 minutes is it time to force reboot?
    Last edited by Dual core; 2008-02-05 at 11:44 PM.

Yea, try force reboot.

i forced boot and now i'm on 1.1.3 but i can't get any app to work, installer.app will close down to home after a little while and other applications i copyed from var... to /aplications would do the same.

as a matter of fact the music i had wasn't erased during the upgrade to 1.1.3

i have to do the whole thing again?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast