Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accidentally ran Ziphone's iPhone .bat file on touch, now it's bricked good

Angry Accidentally ran Ziphone's iPhone .bat file on touch, now it's bricked good
    Embarrassing to say the least, but after I bricked it on something else (tried to reinstall Installer as it was giving this ridiculous error about permissions, then that bricked it), I managed to recover it to 1.1.3. Then I DL'd Ziphone and saw the .bat files. Like some klutz I ran the wrong bat file, the one that processes iPhones, not iPod touches. Now iTunes can't even talk to it (I get an "unspecified error" ending in ...0022). Has anyone else ever had this happen to them or seen it?

Scary thing is, I hear tell there are in fact things you can screw up in the iPod/iPhone's firmware that make the unit good only as a paperweight without hope of recovery. I hope this isn't one of them.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Two questions:
    1. Have you tried DFU restoring it?
    2. What does it look like on the screen? Is it connect to iTunes, black, scrolling text, or something else?
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

Since my OP, I have tried going into DFU mode using iLiberty and was able to run a baseband downgrade utility on it. After that I could open iTunes and at least it could now see an iPod. However when I went to restore 1.1.3 to it (Shift+Restore and select the bundle off my hard drive) it said "This iPod can't be restored".

I read elsewhere in this forum about downgrading to iTunes 7.5 and trying to use that, so that is my next attempt.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcc99 View Post
    Since my OP, I have tried going into DFU mode using iLiberty and was able to run a baseband downgrade utility on it. After that I could open iTunes and at least it could now see an iPod. However when I went to restore 1.1.3 to it (Shift+Restore and select the bundle off my hard drive) it said "This iPod can't be restored".

I read elsewhere in this forum about downgrading to iTunes 7.5 and trying to use that, so that is my next attempt.
    Try restoring it to 1.1.4 or 2.0. Sometimes restoring to a firmware that your iPod isn't running helps for some reason.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

nope waht you do is somehow youve prob. given yourself a baseband what you should do is d/l kiphone and select all 3 boxes and run it. This erases your baseband... now go to ziphone (still in dfu) and click restore to factory settings now restore

ads

heck this methods worth a try just do it and see btw why are you still on 1.1.3?