Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Plz Help!!!!!!

Unhappy Plz Help!!!!!!
    I downloaded the program Ziphone to jailbrake my itouch and when i got it to open i pressed on the button that said jailbrake ipod or something similar. on the program there where some little letters tat said if it takes more than 10 minutes restart. i wasn't sure if ten minutes passed by but i was anxious so i decided to hit restart when the computer turned back on if i try to open itunes or ziphone it shuts down and on my itouch screen numbers and letters appear. it says something but it scrolls so fast that i cant read it but then the same line keeps coming out saying

BSD root : md0, major 2, minor 0

over and over and over. plz help me!!

Jan Millan

[email protected]

What firmware is on your touch?
    Dirty as I wanna be!

firmware version: 8.108.3.p65 (0x41086c03)
    i/o version: 0x0002
    Hardware version: 0x0012

iPhone? More like MyPhone nhba74's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Redo the jailbreak
    Hi,

I had a similar problem with my iphone when i was using ziphone. I, of course, freaked out when it took so long that I unplugged it too.

Here's what I did......sync to iTunes and restore, use ziphone and re-jailbreak, and of course......watch the WHOLE process this time. No prob!!!

Hope this helps!
    Don't be shy, it's ok to hit that THANKS button.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nhba74 For This Useful Post:

janmillan (2008-08-11)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nhba74 View Post
    Hi,

I had a similar problem with my iphone when i was using ziphone. I, of course, freaked out when it took so long that I unplugged it too.

Here's what I did......sync to iTunes and restore, use ziphone and re-jailbreak, and of course......watch the WHOLE process this time. No prob!!!

Hope this helps!
    I had this problem too, but this was with another Jailbreaking application. What you have to do is DFU restore your iPod. Plug it in to your computer, and wait for the text to show up. Then hold the power and home buttons until the screen turns off. When it turns off, let go of the sleep button and continue holding the home button for exactly 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, let go and wait for iTunes. If the screen is black, it worked; if the text shows up, try again.
    Option-click(Mac) or Shift-click(Windows) the restore button and find the .IPSW file that I have linked in the next sentence. Try restoring to 1.1.4(download here). If you have the same problem after the restore completes, with the text showing up, try restoring to 2.0. If neither of those work, post here telling us what happens.
    If they did work, you can jailbreak your iPod touch using these guides:
    Mac
    Windows.

Hope that helped.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Numberzz For This Useful Post:

janmillan (2008-08-11)

Itunes does not recognize my ipod i tried in 3 different computers neither will ziphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by janmillan View Post
    Itunes does not recognize my ipod i tried in 3 different computers neither will ziphone
    Does the black text still show up on the screen?
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

black screen white text. itunes wont detect it. if i try to open ziphone it shuts down

i did the thing you said holding the buttons for 10 seconds and then home for 10 more but it just turns off when i turn it back on the white text comes out again. and i tried running the one that says dfu mode but it also turns off
    Last edited by janmillan; 2008-08-10 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

having the same problem did u get the touch restore, if yes how did you get it to work
    thanks

shut off your ipod, connect it to the computer then restart your ipod when it restarts make sure you are holding down the home button,
    the ipod resets itsself and is detected by itunes and resored and good to go all the best
    Last edited by lovraj; 2008-08-10 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lovraj For This Useful Post:

janmillan (2008-08-11)

i pressed home and shutdown button and it turns off. but i did you process but nothing happened

ok i was able to get itunes to recognize it but when i hit restore it says Itunes could not contact the ipod software update server because you are not connected to the internet. but i am connected because i am sending this post right now
    Last edited by janmillan; 2008-08-11 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Please share it here if you manage to restore janmillan's itouch, need this for future refs. thanks
    myTechpad <my blog

wow i just fixed it. i did what lovraj told me then i opend ziphone and hit jailbrake and it did
    great thanks to all of you!!!!! i was going crazy about this.

so i gave you guys thanks. and once again thanks a lot. i restored my ipod touch and now i have the installer app. on it but if i try to download anything an error message appears saying Error Package download failed. is there something i have to do before using it? any sources of some sort plzz. and thanks again.
    Last edited by janmillan; 2008-08-11 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost