Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi Problems (SOMETHING NEW)

Default Wifi Problems (SOMETHING NEW)
    Hi...

I have an 8gb ipod touch and jailbroken it with ziphone. this is the problem.
    after installing the jailbreak,i started using wifi again and the connection was good for awhile.
    then it went down. i check out my settings option and the wifi is on but it cannot detect or search for my wireless router. i know that my router is working bcoz i have another ipod touch 32 gb and jailbroken by ziphone 3.0 too and its wifi is OK. my laptop too has wifi connection. i tried to restore to factory settings and still no WIFI. i tried ziphone, iliberty,winpwn and still nothing. tried ziphone wifi fix, nothing. i also restored to 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 still nothing. im running out of ideas. am i missing something?

Some more details.
    *Wifi was ok prior to jailbreaking.
    *MAC address is still ok and Unique. (no sign of the ASCII Zibri)
    *I have jailbroken many ipod touches, haven't encountered this error.
    this is not the WIFI greyed out problem.
    *The wifi option just searches for network in less then a second. normally i think it woul do like 5 or more seconds. its very fast compared to my normal ipod touch
    *SSID of Router not hidden

*what happens if i use the bootloader downgrade or upgrade? will this help for the touch?

if there are no options can i restore and return the unit to apple and ask for a replacement? will they replace it?waht should i do to restore it to "ultimate factory settings"

This just seems to be a rare effect of jailbreaking (especially with ZiPhone). I myself don't know of any remedies, but that's the risk of jailbreaking, screwing up your iPhone or iPod!

Also, ignore BootNeuter with an iPod touch, as it doesn't have one! (Or at least when I tried and looked it up, it didn't have one)

You may be able to have Apple check it out if you restore it (unless there's something residual from it being jailbroken on it) and the clerk may be lazy in checking out everything. If there's ANYTHING hinting at jailbreaking or foul play, they will not fix it or reimburse it.
    Last edited by Jeckel; 2008-08-03 at 03:00 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

phscyiipfer (2008-08-04)

so you mean that a full restore sometimes leaves traces of jailbreaking? is there an exclusive way of jailbreaking an 8gb ipod touch or is it the same for all?

Well, sometimes you can leave no residual (a COMPLETE wipe of the iPod, which means DFU mode. Don't sync it, just keep it as it is when restored).

All forms of jailbreaking work with the iPod and the iPhone, just the iPhone has more possibilities with things you can do with the one jailbreaking maneuver (such as flashing the bootloader).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

phscyiipfer (2008-08-04)

as the thread-starter describes it. I have exactly the same problem with my iphone. I tried everything to fix it, but I can't get it to work.
    It was working with 1.1.4 ziphoned, but now with 2.0.1 I can't get any wireless networks listed...
    Downgrading to 1.1.4 does not help either.

I would be so happy, if somebody can fix this wifi problem...

I saw this "fix" on another site & it worked for me. Try changing your DNS server to 208.67.222.222. It's OpenDNS, and it'll get you surfing in no time. Downside is that you have to put this DNS in for all of your Wifi connections, but you only have to put it in once per connection (unless you restore your iPod).

Default Dumb or WHAT?
    When are folks going to get it?

Pulling router cables, changing DNS addresses, and so on and so on, really has nothing at all to do with the ******* wifi problem that has happened to our iPhones since the Apple 2.0 update.

It is the ******* Apple Update that has ****** your wifi, and Apple are just sitting on their arses with red faces because they don't have a clue as to why they screwed us with their crappy update!

IT IS THE UPDATE - nothing else you ******* idiots

Thanks

So what about before the 2.0 update when people were experiencing this very problem? Unless 2.0 jumped back in time and added itself to these iPods, I doubt the problem is caused by the update alone. Please explain for the idiots, iForce.

same problem here...soooo annoying!!!

rarely finds any wifi networks... when it does it wont connect :-(

anyone out there heellppp

any news on the wifi fix?? spinning wheel, cant find any networks....
    maybe it was fixed on 2.0.1 ?

btw, WiFi worked like a charm on my 1.1.4 !!!
    Last edited by neox; 2008-08-20 at 08:27 PM.

Same here neox... can't find any networks also besides bluetooth don't wotk either. It worked fine before.

Found many others having the same problem, but no solution yet.

I have the same problem my wifi only searches for only 0.5 sec i have iphone 2.0.1 and my bluetooth works fine pls let there be a fix for this

i tryed a couple things like going back to 1.1.4 , upgrade to 2.0.2, back to 2.0.1... either way it didn't work.

has anyone found a soulution i has wifi one day and the next day i didnt if i restore will that give me wifi back

will swifi fix this

well a have stopped trying to solve this issue...but before i did i repeatedly restoring it back and forth to 1.1.5 and 1.1.4 and yes it includes itunes 7.7 and 7.5 upgrade downgrade process. after sum time i got it working again in 1.1.4 the prob is that i was so stupid to jail break it again and right b4 i quitted the issue was bak again...sigh...

i tried every thing and this finally worked just open boot neuter turn on 3.9 turn on fake bank turn on nuter then hit flash and then restart twice back to norman walla hey i had been working on trying to get my wifi back to working for 3weeks I TRIED EVERYTHING TRY THIS

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

that^^^^ sounds like it was luck not the process that brought it back but *shrug* ionno.what I would do is restore, ash in and do a sweep to make sure everything having to do with jailbreaking is gone, then take it into apple and and be like WTF and hopefully they'll give you a new one. Or first you could try updating to 2.1 or downgrading to 1.1.1 then upgrading if you want but that probably won't work. Try DFU restore if you havent already.

Default same problem here
    Hi guys!

i have the sam problem you mentioned before. Tried everything, used all of the programs, but couldnt get back wifi and bluetooth. A guy has told meg some months ago that maybe it is a hardware error, maybe my network chip has broke down:S (he thought this because neither wifi nor bluetooth doesnt work)

but i dunno why i feel this is a simple softwer problem, caused by my "lets go and update, hack and try everything" behaviour....

post please if you have an idea, or a solution :S

thx,
    bye

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phscyiipfer View Post
    well a have stopped trying to solve this issue...but before i did i repeatedly restoring it back and forth to 1.1.5 and 1.1.4 and yes it includes itunes 7.7 and 7.5 upgrade downgrade process. After sum time i got it working again in 1.1.4 the prob is that i was so stupid to jail break it again and right b4 i quitted the issue was bak again...sigh...

1.1.5?
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast