Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipod stuck in contiuous power loop/power cycling

Exclamation ipod stuck in contiuous power loop/power cycling
    I recently attempted to pwn my ipod touch which was running 2.0. i got all the way through the process (successfully put it in DFU) and restored to my custom firmware, but after the message pops up "ipod restored will appear in itunes after it restarts" the ipod just continually starts up and then shuts off it never stops. i have attempted to pwn many times this happens each time. Is there anything i can do ??

I have the same problem and 3 time it gave me 1604 error can NOT restore iphone is ther a way yo fix this ?

I am not sure if this would apply but i had the same issue with my friends iphone,

here is what i did

Unplug the device from the computer hold the power button and home button together and wait till screen goes black, now wait for the apple logo to come up and release the power button, and plug the device back to the computer, remember you should be still holding the home button down

after which you will be in recovery mode, now you can do the restore

If mind serves me right, having the phone or in this case ipod in dfu mode is only for downgrading

That is probably why you are getting the continuous looping
    Last edited by thebug3000; 2008-08-03 at 03:38 PM.

No, DFU mode is made to be the last chance to restore an iPhone/iPod, not just to downgrade. Now it is used because when your computer senses the device in DFU mode, it's going to completely wipe the device and then replace it with a brand new firmware (why Pwnage and WinPwn use DFU to help bypass the checking processes of iTunes).

Try to restore it to stock Apple firmware to see if that'll bring it back up to normal, then you could try pwning again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

thebug3000 (2008-08-04)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeckel View Post
    No, DFU mode is made to be the last chance to restore an iPhone/iPod, not just to downgrade. Now it is used because when your computer senses the device in DFU mode, it's going to completely wipe the device and then replace it with a brand new firmware (why Pwnage and WinPwn use DFU to help bypass the checking processes of iTunes).

Try to restore it to stock Apple firmware to see if that'll bring it back up to normal, then you could try pwning again.
    Thanks for the clarity Jeckel [thumps up]
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE