Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent iphone Jailbreak help needed

Default Urgent iphone Jailbreak help needed
    Well, needless to say, i probably shouldn't have been messing around with the new winpwn so early out of the bag because i need my iphone for work, but i got restless and just made the plunge. I tried it a few times with win pwn, each time i couldn't get any service. For some reason I had the bright idea to mess with something in the bootneuter app hoping it would help me get service. Now i can't restore to any firmware. Right now i'm stuck with, what seems like, a bricked ipod. I am stuck with the connect to itunes screen on my iphone and cannot go anywhere from there without getting a 1604 error. Heres a list of the things i have tried so far, maybe someone here can help me out.

I have tried a restore to 1.4 and 2.0 both by both in and out of dfu mode.

I have tried to restore using the custom firmware i had created as well as tried to create a new custom firmware to try to restore to. I have also tried creating firmwares without any of the advanced features and with various combinations of the advanced features to no avail.

I have tried to restore using xpwn and tried to restore using the dfu-util as well as the itunes method.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Some other notes: I am using a 1st generation iphone and used winpwn version 2.0.0.3 of winpwn. Thanks.

Try just a normal Apple 2.0 firmware, so you can at least have a working iPhone, using DFU (make sure you're doing it correctly, iphone screen blank).
    But, that's what you get for messing with BootNeuter, if you don't know what you're doing, don't do it, especially with the bootloader.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Can you clarify if you have a iPod or iPhone? Because in your post you said iPhone and and iPod

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech