Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please desprate itouch help

Smile Please desprate itouch help
    i have a TOTALLY black screen and the apple store closed 2 min ago.

i can't even get the boot logo to show up

i ran ipwner in winpwn

1.1.4 (before bricking)

plz help

it was my birthday present (today)

Does iTunes see it when you plug it in?

Quote Originally Posted by xogen View Post
    Does iTunes see it when you plug it in?
    no

I know this may sound realllllly stupid but its worth a shot. The battery is charged right?

You said you have it as a bday prezzie today so it may not have had time to charge properly.

Try to put it into DFU mode:
    -Hold power & home for 10 seconds (exactly)
    -Release power and hold home until computer sees iPod
    -Restore and try to jailbreak again

Also, if you're going to jailbreak and stay at 1.1.4, use iLiberty, it's the easiest and safest (combined) method that I have used.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

Gangztaa (2008-08-03)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Unless if you are going to 2.0, remember you will need the 2.0 IPSW to Pwn it.
    Oh and please don't use Winpwn 2.0.3 to pwn 1.1.4 firmware as it does not work, you have to use older versions to pwn that firmware.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

oh shizz i used winpwn 2.0 to pwn 1.1.4, am i screwed?

No, you just need to restore and use the proper version of either WinPwn for 1.1.4 or Firmware 2.0 with WinPnw 2.0.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by Jeckel View Post
    Try to put it into DFU mode:
    -Hold power & home for 10 seconds (exactly)
    -Release power and hold home until computer sees iPod
    -Restore and try to jailbreak again

Also, if you're going to jailbreak and stay at 1.1.4, use iLiberty, it's the easiest and safest (combined) method that I have used.
    The exact same thing has happened to me. Got it as a bday gift, and was way too eager to get it jailbroken. Thanks to you I got it restored again. Thanks a lot

Now how should I/we proceed to do this right?

EDIT: It didnt get restored.. got an error 1604. Ive followed all kind of guides, but it keeps coming back. Now the power+home button technique doesnt even work.. nothing happens... I think it's run out of power.. Will a power adapter instead of the usb cable do the trick? What can apple store do about this?
    Last edited by Gangztaa; 2008-08-02 at 06:06 PM.

When I had a problem with it not turning it on (didn't know how to do anything for 2 days) it was at minimal power, but connected to my computer. Don't try to turn it on, just try DFU connected to computer. I'm not sure if a power adapter will charge it; if my computer didn't charge it while it was turned off, I doubt a power adapter will charge it.
    Generally, errors in the 1600's are with the iPod/iPhone not in the correct mode, and maybe not the correct firmware.

Ok by DFU you mean home + Power?
    And can it still be charging even if not the battery icon pops up?

DFU mode:
    -10 seconds (exactly) power and home button
    -Release power button
    -As soon as your computer detects the device, release the home button
    The screen should be black

If you can get it to recover, it should charge as it restores

I cant get into dfu mode.. it worked a few times, but kept getting a 1604 error. then on my 4th/5th try the iPod didn't respond anymore

Ok. I got it into dfu mode now, but the iPod is being recognised as an iPhone, and I cant restore it with iPod firmware 1.1.4

What's happened?

I think I might have used iPhone FW with winpwn and messed it all up.. What do I do?
    Last edited by Gangztaa; 2008-08-04 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

use itunes 7.5