Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does Ziphone downgrade iPod Touch's boot loader?

Default Does Ziphone downgrade iPod Touch's boot loader?
    Hello.

It's just three days since I've came into the world of Jail-breaking.

I have Jail-broken my iPod Touch with Ziphone when I heard about Jail-Breaking. And, today, I saw tons of thread that says Ziphone downgrades the bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9, which is horrible to use.

Further, there's no software method to restore it. (is this seriously true?)
    So, I am regretting what I did to my little treasure.

The only thing that I am able to hope for last is "Ziphone doesn't downgrade the B.T. of iPod Touch." because everybody who has problem is using iPhone but not iPod Touch, Nobody.

Does Ziphone downgrades iPod's or not? please hopefully NOT.

Thanks for your big advice.

P.S. Plz don't say there's no Boot loader in iPod Touch. It can't be true. First, OS of iPhone and iPod Touch are based on same thing. Second, Boot loader means the program that starts the "chain reaction" which ends with the entire operating system being loaded is known as bootstrap loader.

iPod Touch DOES HAVE BOOT LOADER!!!!

No, there is no boot loader in the iPod touch. And yes you can use ZiPhone fine for your ipod touch. I've used it about 4 times today trying to get my iPod Touch to work from trying different things and I've had no problems. ZiPhone will even state that you can only jailbreak the Touch only, nothing will touch the bootloader cause there is none to worry about on the touch. You should be fine.

I currently have a HORRIBLY BRICKED iPhone 16G thanks to my cousin using ZiPhone without reading up before pressing buttons. It completely bricked this phone, and after more than 12 to 16 man hours of working on this phone, it is still screwed.

ZiPhone for the iPhone is potentially FATAL!

(please check out my other thread before saying, "hey just use iLiberty/iDemocracy/iPlus/i....what ever the plop could easily fix it!)

Quote Originally Posted by theoddoneout View Post
    No, there is no boot loader in the iPod touch. And yes you can use ZiPhone fine for your ipod touch. I've used it about 4 times today trying to get my iPod Touch to work from trying different things and I've had no problems. ZiPhone will even state that you can only jailbreak the Touch only, nothing will touch the bootloader cause there is none to worry about on the touch. You should be fine.
    Thank you for reply. I searched info. about iPod Touch's bootloader and I have got some good news.

First, iPod Touch has different version of bootloader. Apple has made specific version of bootloader for iPod Touch.

Second, Downgrading bootloader isn't needed when Jail-breaking. It is needed when unlocking the SIM.

Third, Because of the reason I said at Second, ZiPhone doesn't do anything to bootloader on iPod Touch. B/C iPod is not a Cell Phone (NO SIM).

So, I shouldn't worry using ZiPhone (YEAH~)
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TORCH View Post
    I currently have a HORRIBLY BRICKED iPhone 16G thanks to my cousin using ZiPhone without reading up before pressing buttons. It completely bricked this phone, and after more than 12 to 16 man hours of working on this phone, it is still screwed.

(please check out my other thread before saying, "hey just use iLiberty/iDemocracy/iPlus/i....what ever the plop could easily fix it!)
    Woo.... That's so bad. But, don't hate your cousin )((-

During the search I said above, I heard about the program named BootNeuter.

Although I haven't tried, everybody says that it is able to switch bootloader from anything to evrything like 3.9 to 4.6, 3.9 to 3.9FB, 4.6 to 3.9... etc.,.

This program has released very recently. So if you haven't heard about this yet, please try it and tell me how is it.

Good Luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Originally Posted by TORCH View Post

hey have u just tried restoring ur iPhone 16G with iTunes?
    messed my iphone up once 2...
    but got it fixed in da end!
    Last edited by shahab86; 2008-09-02 at 01:35 AM. Reason: 4got quote

Thanks

There is a bootloader for the iPod Touch, but it is not touched by ZiPhone in the iTouch, there are two bootloaders in the iPhone one that controlls radio functions and the other for a regular bootloader job. The reason people downgrade the radio bootloader is to unlock, which you have no need to in the iPod Touch so your fine.

i hit jailbreak for 1.1.4 ipod touch and all it does is put ziphones webclip on the home screen. no installer WTF

HELP PLZ

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

#1. Don't ever use ZiPhone
    #2. Restore
    #3. Update to 3.0
    #4. Jailbreak with redsn0w
    Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh