Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **help!!**

Exclamation **help!!**
    I restored my ipod a couple days ago and it upgraded me to 1.1.5. Just today i was experimenting with winpwn and i sent my ipod a iphone .ipsw and now my ipod is like, bricked or something ive tried everything and all it does is show a black screen. ive tried putting it in dfu mode and restoring it or leaving it how it is and restoring it...

PLZ HELP!!!

Are you sure you have done everything properly?
    DFU: 10 sec both buttons, then releasing the power button until it shows the "connect" picture
    Restore: Holding the home button then plugging it into the computer
    It is very hard to brick an iPod/iPhone with software alone (I have tried using a iPhone .ipsw for my iPod but I just restored), it could be your not restoring properly, as it is very preposterous that your iPod is bricked. Just keep trying to boot it.

I really think im screwed... it's definitely bricked. the iphone and itouch kinda has a backup incase the original fw is bricked. so i think i screwed it up pretty bad... after all i pushed the ramdisk with winpwn... im actually on the phone with apple right now and ive been on hold for >= 20 mins. theyll never be able to salvage anything from that flash chip... i think one reason is i originally jailbroke with ziPhone and my iPod never worked like it should have. ** Remember Kidsont Jailbrake with ANY VERSION of ziPhone!!!**

Exactly, if it messes with the bootloader or anything with the booting system, you better know what your doing (that's what ZiPhone did to jailbreak). Well, at least you now know better!

well i guess i got screwed on that one... im just going to tell the apple person that the 1.1.5 upgrade messed it up and when i restored it bricked it...