Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trying to downgrade/unlock otb 1.1.2, would a working SIM card help?

Default Trying to downgrade/unlock otb 1.1.2, would a working SIM card help?
    I have a Day 1 iPhone that's been activated through AT&T and is still being used on AT&T. I have jailbroken the phone and installed apps.

I recently got a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone for my sister, and as I'm sure you know, am unable to jailbreak it due to its 4.6 bootloader.

It's my understanding that the 1.1.2 otb phones can be downgraded to 1.1.1 and used with limited functionality (i.e- no phone functions)

I have a working iPhone and a working SIM card in that phone, would this be helpful to me if I installed it in my new 1.1.2 otb phone?

Would this be a safe thing to do with my SIM, and could it help me get past the activation screen in iTunes to begin downgrading the new phone?

You dont even need the phone activated to downgrade. Just select the 1.1.1 restore file to restore it to.

I have been trying with no success.

When I select the 1.1.1 restore .ipsw file and begin the restore, the restore fails with an "Unknown Error (1)" sometimes, and an "Unknown Error (9)" other times.

I've tried running jailbreak and gotten to the DFU screen, but running the jailbreak .bat file always fails. SO does the jailbreak attempt with iBrickr.

I'm attampting to do this on a Windows XP machine.

I was able to upgrade my 1.0.2 phone to 1.1.2, then downgrade back to 1.1.1 to oktoprep the phone, then upgrade back to 1.1.2 successfully, so I'm fairly familiar with the process. I've just had no luck so far with thie brand new pre-loaded 1.1.2 phone.