Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to restore back to Factory

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default How to restore back to Factory
    I have an iPhone that came with 1.0.2 and its now unlocked running on 1.1.2. If I restore my phone through iTunes, will my phone be back to factory like I bought it? Will apple know I unlocked it before if I send it back after the restore? I have dead pixels and I want to send it back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dooley19 For This Useful Post:

ehcropydoc (2008-01-09)

Default Same question needed here!
    iPod Touch DEAD PIXELS (Can I restore, then send to Apple?)

Ok I will explain this in the most simplistic way possible...

I have an iPod Touch that is "jail-broken", has installer 3 and is customized with many 3rd party apps. I also recently discovered I have 3 dead pixels in the middle of my screen! I called apple and they said they could replace it no problem. My question is, If i go into iTunes and then click restore iPod, will it restore it back to default? If so then will apple be able to tell that I have previously "jail-broke" it?

Can anybody please help us?

Thanks

There are certain aspects of your filesystem that are not affected by a Restore. I can't speak for iTouch, however I have restored my phone and some things just as an example, like my Carrier logo mod, remained as per the previous settings.

Bottom line, yes if Apple probes enough, they can determine if something has been done. BUT, if you bring it into a store for exchange, their "investigative checks" are meager at best. They really don't care.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.