Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak

Question Jailbreak
    Is there no way to jailbreak 1.1.2 without having to donwgrade to 1.1.1? i have tried to downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it and then put the 1.1.2 update back on but this has never worked. am i doing something wrong? is someone able to post a fool proof way of jailbreaking my iphone or point me in the direction of a 1.1.2 jailbreak that does not require 1.1.2 downgraded to 1.1.1? any help would be great.

Downgrade to 1.1.1

Kick the phone out of restore using Independence 1.3.1

Jailbreak the phone using *#307# routine, prefs:// and jailbreakme.com

Once Jailbroken into 1.1.1 then run installer.app on Iphone goto install under Tweaks 1.1.1 install Oktoprep

Once done UPDATE to 1.1.2

REBOOT your IPhone

Run Jailbreak.jar java app

After a long wait you should be Jailbroken into 1.1.2

As to date I have not had to mess around with lockdown files using the above method

Above Using OSX 10.5.1 Apple Mac

Quote Originally Posted by simonjhutton View Post
    Is there no way to jailbreak 1.1.2 without having to donwgrade to 1.1.1? i have tried to downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it and then put the 1.1.2 update back on but this has never worked. am i doing something wrong? is someone able to post a fool proof way of jailbreaking my iphone or point me in the direction of a 1.1.2 jailbreak that does not require 1.1.2 downgraded to 1.1.1? any help would be great.
    Here is a very detailed way of doing it for WINDOWS...

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=461

*If it works, please don't forget to press the "Thanks" button :P
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!