Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: anysim failing to unlock iphone

Question anysim failing to unlock iphone
    hi, i brought an iphone about 2months ago, with firmware 1.1.1 and succesfully unlocked it, using anysim to work with a UK O2 sim card. Since then i have moved to australia and brought a australian sim on Vodafone to use with the phone. I used the same process to unlock my phone as i had originally used (anysim), yet this time and error message appeared:

"Anysim can not unlock this phone. anysim will now quit. Please turn off your phone and turn it on again after anysim quits."

The phone will still make phone calls and texts but it cant get any information regarding the sim cards information. As anyone experienced similar problems or knows of any fixes?

note: when i started up anysim for the second time it told me that i needed to turn off autolock, which i must of previously turned on, would this be the cause of the problem, do i need to install anysim (how do you do that?)

Cheers in advance

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    hi, i brought an iphone about 2months ago, with firmware 1.1.1 and succesfully unlocked it, using anysim to work with a UK O2 sim card. Since then i have moved to australia and brought a australian sim on Vodafone to use with the phone. I used the same process to unlock my phone as i had originally used (anysim), yet this time and error message appeared:

"Anysim can not unlock this phone. anysim will now quit. Please turn off your phone and turn it on again after anysim quits."

The phone will still make phone calls and texts but it cant get any information regarding the sim cards information. As anyone experienced similar problems or knows of any fixes?

note: when i started up anysim for the second time it told me that i needed to turn off autolock, which i must of previously turned on, would this be the cause of the problem, do i need to install anysim (how do you do that?)

Cheers in advance
    Let me get this straight....Your iPhone was already UNLOCKED and JAILBROKEN and WORKING?

If so, why did you try to UNLOCK it again just because you have a different SIM????!? If your phone was already UNLOCKED, JAILBROKEN and WORKING on a non-AT&T SIM you could have just placed your new sim in and it would have worked from the start...

If what I am assuming is incorrect, please clarify...Thanks
    1.1.2FW w/ 4.02.13_G Baseband. Rock Solid!

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

First off all, if iPhone is alredy unlocked - you dont need to unlock again because unlock works for all countries and all sim cards,
    if you unlock again you are ....
    now you need restore to 1.1.1 + Jailbreak and unlock again,
    if this not working you need go back and restore to 1.0.2 Then virginize, then fix seczone, then update to 1.1.1 and Jailbreak + unlock
    -
    !!! DO NOT UNLOCK AGAIN IF PHONE HAS ALREDY UNLOCKED !!!
    -
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------