Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I think I have a major problem...

Default I think I have a major problem...
    Okay, so I just Jailbroke my iPod touch (1.1.4), with ZiPhone, and eveyrthing work out nicely. Then I installed BSD and OpenSSH, that also worked great.

Then I installed SummerBoard. It asked to restart and I did but when I restarted the iPod the "Edit Home Screen" message appeared then the iPod started to load something then screen refreshed and the Edit home screen message reappeared. this will loop forever. its as if Summerboard is trying to load then crashing, and trying again.

It won't recognize that its plugged into my computer, and my computer doesn't see it.

the only way I have in is with SSH, and I need to know what files to remove to effectively stop SummerBoard from booting.

any help would be great, Thanks.

Update:

I've been looking around the filesystem for the where the boot could be, but I haven't found it yet. also I found in the AppleSupport log every 10 seconds or so there is a springboard Kernel Protection Fault.... I tried to use installer from the SSH command line and while loading the Sources it exits with "Reacting to SpringBoard port death, exiting"....

I don't think this is good for me...
    Last edited by Aetas; 2008-07-08 at 09:53 PM.

Restore, and jailbreak with iLiberty+.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dash-2 For This Useful Post:

Aetas (2008-07-09)

ziphone=crap.

and I am an Idiot for not knowing that, Thanks for the Help.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think there should be a one time message for all new and current users to go on check on a thread like ipodtouchfans does.

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech