Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does the iPod touch have a baseband/bootloader ???

Default Does the iPod touch have a baseband/bootloader ???
    Are there any risks on using ZiPhone on my iPod touch ....

I have used it twice without knowing the risks of what it does with the RAM during the first phase or something like that and the bootloader...

my question is... if I have already jailbroken my 1.1.4 itouch with ziphone, do I need to restore it and use something like pwnage tool?

are the horror stories about ziphone only related to the iPhone and not the touch, because of the baseband/bootloader downgrade???

I don't mean to sound like a total noob, but I just got into the jailbreaking thing a few days ago, and this stuff is still new to me

Thanks for the help

if you have any doubts use another method. even if they claim it didnt harm itouches i still wouldnt use it, its name is tarnished in my mind i'd never use ziphone

iPhone News & Review Blog Archive Why Avoid Ziphone?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to newone757 For This Useful Post:

vbman213 (2008-06-23)

I'm in the same position as vbman213. I jailbroke my 32GB iPod Touch a couple times with ZiPhone and now I'm hearing all this stuff about not using it because it can do permanent damage to your iPod. I'm thinking about restoring and upgrading to 2.0 when its out and jailbreaking it when its available. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't say that it does any permanent damage that isn't irreversible. Even if you downgrade your bootloader to 3.9, now it can be flashed back with boot neuter. ZiPhone isn't a safe unlocking method, but it's not to bad for jailbreaking. When 2.0 comes out and you want to upgrade, just restore your iPod in DFU mode to 1.1.4 and then upgrade to 2.0.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I really hated ZiPhone because it screwed my touch before. But then I tried out iLiberty and I loved it. Its safer than ziphone and better. Yea I liked PwnageTool but I also liked iLiberty.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m3thodandr3d View Post
    ZiPhone isn't a safe unlocking method, but it's not to bad for jailbreaking.
    Not quite, its jailbreaking method isn't safe either, it's that which causes the memory corruption and the cases of bad wifi.

Thanks

You have a baseband for the wifi i believe.
    But you do have a bootloader.