Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to jailbreak 1.1.2 itouch?

Default How to jailbreak 1.1.2 itouch?
    Its 1.1.2 so how to do it? I only have experience on iphone so i was thinking downgrade to 1.1.1 and go to jailbreakme.com. I need the easiest solution for my friend because he's not the best with computer.

Banned
    Thanks

Wink iPod Touch 1.1.2 Downgrade, Jailbreak and Upgrade
    This is for windows only

First of all you need to find and save both of these firmware files: they are firmware versions 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 for the ipod touch.

Next hook up your iPod Touch and open iTunes. When iTunes reconises your iPod, hold shift and click on restore. Point iTunes to where you saved firmware 1.1.1 and let your iPod restore.

When it has finished, make sure that you are connected to the internet on your iPod and point safari to jailbreakme.com. Scroll down and click on install AppSnapp. Safari should take you back to the SpringBoard and it should say installing. After your iPod has installed AppSnapp, reboot your iPod.

Installer should now be on your SpringBoard.

If you want to upgrade to 1.1.2, which is jailbroke, download the file called OkToPrep from the folder called tweaks or tweaks (1.1.1).

Now update your iPod either automatically when iTunes askes you to, or manually by holding shift and clicking udate, then clicking on the firmware 1.1.2.

After your iPod has updated download iDemocracy and click on the jailbreak+extras tab, then click on the 1.1.2 tab. Next click on 1.1.2 jailbreak tab and then a program should run. Let this do its thing and do what it promts you to do. When it says so reboot the iPod, do it. You should now have intstaller on a 1.1.2 iPod Touch!

Please tell me how you get on.

Links

iPod Touch Firmware 1.1.1 and 1.1.2: http://www.crunchgear.com/2007/11/19...ouch-with-112/

iDemocracy: http://code.google.com/p/idemocracy/

AppSnapp: jailbreakme.com

Super_js

Thanks

can some one help me....im not a noob but i sure feel like one.....ive done every guide on here to jailbreak 1.1.2....but whether im on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2.....i always get no service.....WTF. if i go back to 1.0.2 my service and jailbreaks works fine...but if i try to upgrade to either 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 i can never get my at7t phone to activate, it just tells me NO SERVICE UNABLE TO ACTIVATE.....THANKS TO ANYBODY THAT HELPS AND DOESNT TELL ME TO READ A F'IN QUIDE, CAUSE I ALREADY HAVE.

Banned
    Thanks

I Think that it could be that when you update a jailbroke iphone u cannot make calls anymore. It could be this, I don't have an iPhone only an iPod Touch

I think you need additional software to make calls on the iPhone. Most likely they are in installer.app

my friend asked my to jailbreak his itouch. i got iphone and for 1.1.2 you use 1.1.2-jailbreak to free it, is idemocracy same thing but for itouch?

Banned
    Thanks

Use winpwn if on windows or ipwn if on a mac, its the safest jailbreak