Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch not restoring

Default iPod touch not restoring
    I tried to jailbreak my iPod touch using ZiPhone 3.0 and followed every step correctly but I'm getting the bsd root error and I tried to restore by holding the power button and home together then holding home until it says to connect to iTunes. iTunes gives me the 0xE8000022 error whenever I plug it in to restore it. Anyone have some other suggestions?

Try DFU, I'll just re-paste what I told some other guy before:

To get into DFU, plug iPod into PC. Then hold both ON and HOME buttons for exactly 10-11 seconds and release the ON button. You wont see ANYTHING on the screen, but your computer will start looking (and will find them - if you have itunes installed) for drivers.

Then just a normal restore.

Like Gecko said, you should just DFU restore again. But, restart your computer. That might help. I know that always helps me whenever iTunes is uncooperative. Also, use this guy's videos on how to jailbreak using iLiberty+. Much better than ZiPhone:
    youtube.com/itouchmaster2
    or even go to this post I made about how to jailbreak using iLberty+:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/ipod-to...ilibertyx.html
    Hope I helped!
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Please,DONT USE ZIPHONE!

Hey thanks that really helped.

Does iLiberty+ have a higher success rate than ZiPhone because everyone seems to use Ziphone.

Also, the download link to iLiberty+ doesn't work and I'm not sure which is the latest version of it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Reconforce15 View Post
    Hey thanks that really helped.

Does iLiberty+ have a higher success rate than ZiPhone because everyone seems to use Ziphone.

Also, the download link to iLiberty+ doesn't work and I'm not sure which is the latest version of it. Thanks!
    If you do it properly, everything has a 100% success rate. ZiPhone shouldn't be used as it downgrades your bootloader to 3.9 (making it easier for AppleCare to track that you've got a jailbroken ipod if it ever goes downhill). It also loads everything into the memory (also called 1-Pass) that can result in memory corruption (and you can lose wifi functionality - not permanently though, just a software sorta thing).

Definitely use iLiberty+ or iLibertyX, as both of these do not downgrade the bootloader and they do not load everything into memory (and even what it does load into the memory - it doesn't rely on it, so no memory corruption can occur) and uses modified payloads.

Cheers,
    Gecko

I downloaded iLiberty+ and will jailbreak my iPod soon since I don't have time right now.

Also, after restoring my iPod i noticed the new apps from January were lost. Is there anyway to get them back?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reconforce15 View Post
    I downloaded iLiberty+ and will jailbreak my iPod soon since I don't have time right now.

Also, after restoring my iPod i noticed the new apps from January were lost. Is there anyway to get them back?

Thanks
    Restore up to 1.1.4 to get these apps back, they're free in this version and don't need to be downloaded at all seperately. You can upgrade to 1.1.4 through iTunes upgrader, and just use iLiberty+ to jailbreak from there (with option selected to install Cydia package manager - and if you need it you can get Installer done).

I used ZiPhone 3 to try to unlock my iPod Touch 1.1.4, but it failed and now, my iPod is stuck in the BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0 sequence and I cant restore it. HELP!!!

I'm using a MB Black with MacOS 10.5, and the latest iTunes does try to restore it, but it keeps telling me that an error 2001 is preventing me to restore my iPod Touch...

I really dont know what to do now... I tried everything but nothing has worked!! Please help!!
    Last edited by sbonilla; 2008-06-07 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well, did you try to restart your computer? I kept getting that error before, and after just simply restarting my computer I finally got it to restore my iPod no problem. For the BSD error, you need to DFU restore. So, just restart your computer and you should be good to go.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.