Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SpikeyMikey303??? Youtube fix QUESTION

Default SpikeyMikey303??? Youtube fix QUESTION
    I recently jailbroke my 1.1.4 iphone using Ziphone 3.0. It worked, however I couldn't open Youtube.....No problem I used SpikeyMikey303's technique and BAM! it worked.

My question is however......when I go to settings>general>about, instead of it saying "My Name's Iphone"................it says "Mikey's Iphone." My name isn't Mikey. Have any of you all used this technique and see "Mikey's Iphone" on your About tab instead of your name? If so how did you fix it back to your name and how?

Thanks Guys!

connect it in itunes then click on the left where it is named and rename it

Quote Originally Posted by cme1st2302 View Post
    connect it in itunes then click on the left where it is named and rename it
    nope, that doesn't work....itunes shows my name and in settings>general>about it shows "Mikey's Iphone" still...hmmmm?

btw, this SpikeyMikey fix did not work for me...I found the answer on google...If all of a sudden you cannot connect to Youtube and it was working earlier, then go to settings and check date and time...mine for some reason had reverted back to the default settings which were the wrong date and time and time zone, probably because I had let the battery level drop to zero for a few days while I was away. Once I set it all up to the proper time zone, date, time, etc...Youtube worked again immediately...go figure ?!?!

thank God for Google....

hope this HELPS !!!!

It happend to me before I restored it. I just restored then re-jailbroke (not because of the iPod's name but because things were not working properly).

Its in a binary file...

You have to convert it to xml (Probably already done), then just rename it yourself.

I can't remember the location off hand.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you have to change the name in itunes to something other then what itunes already lists it as.

i.e. if it says tyler's iphone, take out the ' and put Tylers iPhone

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bts0uth For This Useful Post:

monica_69 (2008-06-13)

Quote Originally Posted by bts0uth View Post
    you have to change the name in itunes to something other then what itunes already lists it as.

i.e. if it says tyler's iphone, take out the ' and put Tylers iPhone
    yes, that worked ! thanks !

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monica_69 View Post
    yes, that worked ! thanks !
    yep, i had the same problem. you can also change it back to the original name after you change it that once to get rid of mikey's name