Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2nd post for help please

Default 2nd post for help please
    my iphone was working completely fine but when i push the home button and the top button at the same time to restart it, it would restart but not be able to reboot and i'd have to restore the iphone completely.

now that i restored it i can restart my iphone using that method and it works so i'm thinking it was a app. i installed.

any ideas?

i'm tired of spending hours getting my iphone back to normal then something like this happening and having to restore it again.

Are you sure you are just not using the iPhone correctlly? The button on the top is a Sleep/wake button. When the phone is on...you press the top button once and the screen is off but the phone is in stanby. if you press the top button again. the phone will awake from standby and the screen will light up and be the Unlock Screen. If you press the Home Button....the same will happen and the phone wakes up to the Slide to Unlock screen. To turn off....Hold down the Top Button untill the Slide to Turn Off appears. The phone if completely off. To RESTART as you say SHOULD NOT BE HOLDING THE HOME AND POWER BUTTON. You sholud just press the top Sleep/Wake/Power button for 2 secs until the Apple logo appaers and loads the firmware.

Pressing the top and home button is for setting the phone to reconnect to itunes for restoring. You should not have to keep restoring.

Hope this rambling helps you.