Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: restored iphone as ipod with winpwn! what to do?

Thanks

Default restored iphone as ipod with winpwn! what to do?
    I think I accidentally restored my iphone 1.1.4 unlocked tmobile to a ipod because I have no display on my screen no matter what I do or press. Itunes detects it as a ipod and i keep getting errors 5 and 1604 when trying to restore and also it is stuck in recovery mode. Is there any way out of this? Or is this phone a expensive paper weight?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

chill out man. re-download a clean version of 1.1.4

hold sleep and home button til u see apple logo, release sleep button and hold home button til itunes see's it in DFU mode.

now go in, hold the shift button and click restore. select ur STOCK OEM 1.1.4 file and let it go
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Thanks

Tried but Im getting nothing but errors like 5, 1604.

not to mention I have no display on my screen since it thinks its an ipod touch.

Okay I used sendspace to get into dfu and FINALLY I actually got a white screen and some display showing the apple and wait circle on the bottom like it does in a restore. ANDDDDD it actually detected it as an iphone but then I got a different error, 1603. Is this a good sign.

I GOT IT RESTORED, THANKS TO ALL.

But when I went to run ziphone to re do everything, it stop at the end with a little white dot/line in the upper left hand corner and wont go any further... How do I try it again, Im affraid to press anything at this point?
    Last edited by sp00nfedem1; 2008-05-14 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

straight from hackint0sh.org...
    I PWNED MY IPHONE/IPOD WITH THE WRONG FIRMWARE! ITUNES SAYS MY IPHONE IS AN IPOD (or vice versa) WHAT CAN I DO?

MY PHONE WON'T TURN ON! ITS REBOOTING CONSTANTLY! I HAVE CONSTANTLY SCROLLING TEXT! and ANY OTHER ISSUE WHERE PHONE IS NON RESPONSIVE

You can fix this!

Put your phone into DFU mode. You can do this by pressing and holding the sleep and home button for 10 seconds WHILST THE USB CABLE IS CONNECTED AND ITUNES RUNNING from when the Apple logo appears until it dissapears and then KEEP holding the home button but let go of the sleep button - the screen will stay off but iTunes will recognise the phone.

If you have trouble getting DFU mode use Independence/ iLiberty+ to put your phone into DFU mode!

If your phone is not recognised by Independence/ iLiberty+ you will have to manually put it in DFU - this CAN be tricky to time right but eventually you WILL get it!

Restore to apple original firmware and you can start over again!
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4