Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trying to Jailbreak 1.1.2 from 1.1.1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Trying to Jailbreak 1.1.2 from 1.1.1
    I'm really at a loss here so hopefully somebody can help me out.

First of all I'm using WinXP and iTunes 7.4.x.

I upgraded my iPhone from 1.0.2 to 1.1.3 this evening. I didn't like 1.1.3 so I decided on going back to a jailbroken 1.1.2. Well I downgraded to 1.1.1 and then updated to 1.1.2 following the Guide as best I could (for being on Windows).

I ran into a few different things: The procedures for dialing *#307# did not work...my phone went straight to the home screen and I could access the phone function from there. Also, when I go to http://jailbreakme.com and install AppTapp through Safari it kicks me back to the homescreen but never reboots.

Ultimately I can get 1.1.2 installed just fine, but Installer does not show up.

Anybody have any ideas??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

try to use like iLiberty+ to activate/jailbreak/unlock your 1.1.2 iphone. and it should install installer for you.

or use ziphone to activate/jailbreak your iphone, and use installer to install bootneuter to unlock the baseband?

you don't need jailbreakme.com anymore. and you can't install jailbreakme.com from 1.1.2, it has to be done from 1.1.1, then oktoprep installed, then upgraded to 1.1.2 in itunes, then softjailbroken using the 1.1.2 jailbreak. the old method is kinda confusing but 1.1.3/4 really isn't all that bad.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ziphone did the trick. Thank you very much!