Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!! Restored iPhone to iPod :(

Default Help!! Restored iPhone to iPod :(
    Any help to fix my iPhone will be much appreciated.

Basically I had been having problems with Caterpillar and couldn't fully uninstall. A week later (today) my iphone started rebooting about every minute while docked so i removed my iPhone from the dock and it rebooted.

After that it would just stick at the home screen and have no response to the touch display so i couldnt unlock it. So I tryed to restore to 1.1.4 (windows) but kept getting the "iPhone could not be restored error" so I tryed Pwnage in Leopard and downloaded what I thought was the iPhone 1.1.4 firmware but after Pwnage had finished and rebooted my iPhone the screen has been blank ever since.

My Iphone is now detected as an iPod in itunes and stays in Restore Mode (screen stays blank as though off, no matter what). I did try and use Ziphones DFU mode and then try to restore to the iPhone 1.1.4 but still the same problem.

Can anyone help?

iPhone 16gig
    1.1.3 > Caterpillar issues

Ziphone, iBricker (Windows XP)
    1.1.3 > 1.1.4, 1.1.2, 1.1.3 (iPhone could not be restored)

Pwnage, Independance, iDemocracy (Leopard 10.5.2)
    > 1.1.4 iPod (blank screen state) via Pwnage
    Restore mode can be accessed + DFU but current attempts have failed to bring firmware to iPhone state.

hey...we are in the same boat. accidentally restored to ipod 1.1.4 thru winpwn. blank screen eversince. even worse my iphone cannot be detected anymore.

Even though no one was able to help me to fix this issue I managed to restore my iPhone after about 3 hours of constant restoring.

Thx anyway.