Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch won't stop refreshing

Default iPod Touch won't stop refreshing
    When you install a new application on installer, you will be aware that the loading circle appears for a few seconds and then it puts your ipod back to the lock screen. Well i installed customise and installed one of the top themes (can't remember it's name) and every 5 seconds or so, it keeps going into that mode. I can't turn the ipod off because in the time it takes for it to do that, it has already started refreshing. If i turn the screen off, it turns the screen back on and continues refreshing. It done this all night until the battery died. When i turned it back on, it continued with refreshing. How can i stop this?

Quote Originally Posted by gottabeandrew View Post
    When you install a new application on installer, you will be aware that the loading circle appears for a few seconds and then it puts your ipod back to the lock screen. Well i installed customise and installed one of the top themes (can't remember it's name) and every 5 seconds or so, it keeps going into that mode. I can't turn the ipod off because in the time it takes for it to do that, it has already started refreshing. If i turn the screen off, it turns the screen back on and continues refreshing. It done this all night until the battery died. When i turned it back on, it continued with refreshing. How can i stop this?
    Try holding just your HOME button for several seconds and see if that will stop the application loop that you are in. If so first try to uninstall the last thing you installed. If that doesn't work, the put your ipod into restore mode and restore to 1.1.4.

Ok, i've put it into restore mode. Now how do i restore to 1.1.4? I'm using ubuntu and have got Amorak. I have windows with itunes on this computer too though so am i ok staying here or will i need to go and use itunes?

You will need iTunes.

BUT try (when it is in restore mode) holding down the menu and power button until the screen goes black, let go and wait for a bit, then turn on by holding down just the power button. This will put you back in normal mode and possibly will have ended the loop.

Thank me if I helped!
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

Sorry Wearmaize, but I've had this same issue and that didn't work for me. Turns out iTunes did something freaky to my iPod.... Gottabeandrew, did you connect your iPod to your computer after installing the app or while installing? Then I know what you need to do.

BTW, Ubuntu FTW! Do you know how to mount an iPod in Ubuntu? Can't quite figure it out...
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

WTH is Ubuntu????? /jk LOL.

Mac OS X Leopard!!!!!! You don't have to know how to mount an iPod!

Sorry I couldn't help. The only other thing I can think of is if you used the crack to get Caterpillar 1.1 and opened it up again, that would give you the cog of death.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!