Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore Problem

Default Restore Problem
    Im having this huge problem when i try to restore my iPod into another version: The iPod's screen displays the "connect to iTunes" image even when its connected and recognized by the itunes, then the iTunes never finishes the "preparing iPod for restore" action and finally tells me that an error occurred and your iPod cant be restored.

What firmware are you trying to restore to? If its before 1.1.3 (1.1-1.1.2) you can't just hold shift and hit restore and find that firmware. You have to get a certain program (autodown, youtube search downgrading iPod touch 1.1.4). If your trying to restore to something later than that, what is the error called?
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to doomsayer97 For This Useful Post:

eloytoro (2008-05-03)

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Come on,provide more info....

Im sorry, my info lacks... Then: My iPod is 1.1.1 and im turning it into 1.1.4 through a firmware created by PwnageTool. I select the firmware on iTunes holding option (its a mac) and when its preparing the iPod for the restore the error number 1604... and my iPod is set into recovery mode.

I hate suggesting this thing, but try using ZiPhone. Just restore to 1.1.4 (just hit the restore button in iTunes). Just jailbreak it. Pretty simple, you don't need to DFU restore w/ ZiPhone. Just make sure you download the Mac version.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to doomsayer97 For This Useful Post:

eloytoro (2008-05-03)

Thnx, i successfully pwnd my ipod with PwnageTool, no there is another problem, my ipod is in version 1.1.4, icons should be able to move when i press them for a second, right? Cause mine just don't. Why is this happening?

You probably don't have the iPhone Apps + Wiggly Feature app installed. Get either iPodTouchMaster's Source (Google search it, it won't show up here; gets blocked) or get the iPod Touched source from the Sources Section in Installer. You should be able to easily find it.

Thanks, btw i downloaded customize recently and everything is different now! Did customize lost the ability to manual reorder the icons?

Yes, in 1.1.3+ b/c of the whole wiggle thing, customize can no longer reorder icons (or give you 5 icon+ docks!) I suggest getting Caterpillar, but it costs $20 for a little "lease" type thing. $45 for an unlimited one. But I think it's well worth it, even though I don't have enough money for it.

There is also a way to get around the fee, you would need to google it. There are some threads on it on ipodtouchfans.com
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wearmaize For This Useful Post:

doomsayer97 (2008-05-05)

im having the same exact problem did u fix yours

how did you fix yours i have the same problem to