Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Someone Help Me Out! :)

Default Someone Help Me Out! :)
    ok so i have an touch (1.1.4) that i want to jailbreak and have INSTALLER on there...i tried Ziphone but it freezes alot so what I would like to do is downgrade (restore) to 1.1.3 and somehow install INSTALLER.app on there...the only thing i would have trouble with is this:

1...finding the 1.1.3 firmware

2...getting INSTALLER on the touch...

anyone willing to help me out?

You can very easily find the 1.1.3 firmware on MMi by going to the downloads section, selectig the category Firmwares, and downloading the 1.1.3 iPod Touch firmware. As for getting Installer.app, here are the instructions on how I do it:

1. Download and install iLiberty+ (Windows) or iNdependence (Macs). Google search it, or you could quite possibly be able to find it on MMi... I know for a fact iNdependence is here.
    2. Connect your iPod and restore it.
    3. Launch your jailbreak client.
    4. Select Jailbreak (check the box) and also make sure to select the option that says install apps over Wi-Fi. This will get you installer.
    5. Let it jailbreak. Don't touch anything until you get back to the lock screen or the home screen.
    6. Open the Contacts app.
    7. Click the plus button to add a contact.
    8. Hit First and Last name, and type gibberish for 10-30 seconds.
    9. Hit cancel twice.
    10. Hit home.

Congatz! It's jailbroken!! And now I'm thinking that I should make a wiki page on this so that my fingers won't hate me cause I've types this same thing 15 times on my ipod in the past 10 minutes.
    Last edited by doomsayer97; 2008-05-01 at 04:56 AM. Reason: typos galore
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by doomsayer97 View Post
    You can very easily find the 1.1.3 firmware on MMi by going to the downloads section, selectig the category Firmwares, and downloading the 1.1.3 iPod Touch firmware. As for getting Installer.app, here are the instructions on how I do it:

1. Download and install iLiberty+ (Windows) or iNdependence (Macs). Google search it, or you could quite possibly be able to find it on MMi... I know for a fact iNdependence is here.
    2. Connect your iPod and restore it.
    3. Launch your jailbreak client.
    4. Select Jailbreak (check the box) and also make sure to select the option that says install apps over Wi-Fi. This will get you installer.
    5. Let it jailbreak. Don't touch anything until you get back to the lock screen or the home screen.
    6. Open the Contacts app.
    7. Click the plus button to add a contact.
    8. Hit First and Last name, and type gibberish for 10-30 seconds.
    9. Hit cancel twice.
    10. Hit home.

Congatz! It's jailbroken!! And now I'm thinking that I should make a wiki page on this so that my fingers won't hate me cause I've types this same thing 15 times on my ipod in the past 10 minutes.

i tried this method first b4 i did it with ziphone....i jailbreaked with iLiberty+ but it DID NOT install INSTALLER, it installed CYDIA (which i HATE) i dont want cydia i want installer, and are steps 6-10 really necessary?

Well, if you have something earlier than version 3.0 of iLiberty+, then you have to hit a tab and get the payload for it. I can't remember the instructions exactly of the top of my head on how to get the payload, but search around and you should be able to find it. But, you don't necessarily have to jailbreak using iLiberty. Just use w/e your comfortable w/. Also, steps 6-10 are optional, but if you don't want your iPod to reese up while typing in sources and stuff, I suggest doing it.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

ziPhone works with 1.1.4, make sure you have iTunes OPEN and select Jailbreak ONLY.

It will have text on screen and then be put in Recovery mode, wait for it to finish.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

Quote Originally Posted by wearmaize View Post
    ziPhone works with 1.1.4, make sure you have iTunes OPEN and select Jailbreak ONLY.

It will have text on screen and then be put in Recovery mode, wait for it to finish.
    When i did it everytime i tried to type it froze....anything to fix it?

does the newest version of iLiberty+ install INSTALLER when jailbraking? if this is true i rather just download the newest version and let iLiberty+ do it....

1) The fix to this is to enter the contacts application and add a new contact, type something for about 10-30 seconds in contacts, then hit cancel and exit out of contacts.
    2) Yes, it does.

Si hablas espanol: Pachuca le gano a Saprissa.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

Quote Originally Posted by wearmaize View Post
    1) The fix to this is to enter the contacts application and add a new contact, type something for about 10-30 seconds in contacts, then hit cancel and exit out of contacts.
    2) Yes, it does.

Si hablas espanol: Pachuca le gano a Saprissa.
    i'll try ziphone again and do the type somthing for 30secs....

si hablo espaNol y Arriva el Cruz Azul!!!!!