Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm still on 1.1.1

Default I'm still on 1.1.1
    Do i need to update to 1.1.4 and re-jailbreak or is there no real difference since a have installed all the apps that werent on 1.1.1 - maps, email ect.

Thanks

[email protected]
    wat ur still on 1.1.1 just upgrade ur iphone to 1.1.4 by pwning the iphone and then u can have the jiggly icons the phone will be more stable etc there are a lot of new features in 1.1.4 one of the best is maps and many other things....just upgrade to 1.1.4. alex

Hmm well i know how to move the icons round editing the file in SSH and I got maps from installer

Is it easy to upgrade and will i lose all my apps and songs?

Thanks

Yes, you will lose your apps and songs. That is, if your going
    to rejailbreak it. To rejailbreak it you will have to put it into restore mode, and if you use iLiberty+ you will have no issues jailbreaking again. Or, if your on a Mac, iNdependence.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

This is the easiest way I have used, I tried iLiberty+ and didn't care much for it. But it's all a matter of opinion.

ZiPhone

1. Open iTunes and restore your iPod to 1.1.4 Frimware
    2. Go to http://www.download.ziphone.org/
    3. Select if you have a Mac or PC
    4. After the file has been downloaded, extract it to your Desktop
    5. Open ZiPhone (Should be the icon on your desktop that looks like a pad-lock and it named unlockGUI)
    5A. Make sure iTunes is still open
    6. You now have the options of what you want to do.
    6A. If you have a iTouch, I would suggest clicking the Jailbreak button ONLY!!!
    6B. If you have a iPhone, it gives you the option to Jailbreak, Unlock, Activate, ect. it even has all the options for iPhone on one button to get it all done faster.
    7. After you click your selection, you will see the setup running on your iPod, just let it do it's job!
    8. After it is finished, iTunes will say your iPod is in recovery mode, just unplug your iPod and click OK in iTunes

Your Done!

Hope this helps!!!

1.1.4 is faster than 1.1.1. No more apps are being made that work on 1.1.1 but not on 1.1.4. Some cool new apps have come out that might not work on the old firmware. Also you can add webclips and lyrics, which I find useful, especially a webclip of google docs and of pickleview.com. Those two are like standalone apps.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!