Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: applications quitting?

Default applications quitting?
    Recently jailbroke (if thats even a word :P ) my 1.1.4 touch. Worked great for a bit but then the installer would not install most good apps "Package download failed" anyways, I notice now that if i am in some apps, (I notice it in twinkle the most) that if i just have the app open after about 2 minutes the ipod will automatically go the the home screen. Anyone know how to fix this without restoring and reinstalling? I mean I can restore and reinstall but I dont feel like it at the moment, just wondering if anyone had any quick fixes.

I think that for the apps not downloading, you can fix that by refreshing the sources. Don't know how to help you w/ the whole apps closing thing though.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

No ive refreshed sources many times, restarted installer, uninstalled then reinstalled sources, basically everything other then restarting the whole process.

Green Apple
    Thanks

have you moved your applications folder to your music partition and then linked it back.

Nope, how would I go about doing that?

Green Apple
    Thanks

there seems to be a program out there called boss tool, but because I use unix alot I would do it like this.

If you have the ssh server installed (im pretty sure you would) then you can login remotely from your pc and be presented with a terminal from your ipod in which you type.

NOTE that some small typos could render your iPod unusable and needing a restore so do this at your own risk.

cp -r /Applications /var/root/media/Applications.backup

this copies the applications folder to your music partition (home partition which is mounted under /var)

now we delete the original folder

rm -rf /Applications

now we check to see if we still have the backup

ls /var/root/Applications.backup

if you see a folder list with all your applications then everything is so far good.

now we name the folder properly

mv /var/root/Media/Applications.backup /var/root/Media/Applications

now we make a link (a link is the unix equivalent of shortcut) back to where the Applications folder should be.

ln -s /var/root/Media/Applications /Applications

now to test to see if it works

ls /Applications

if you see a folder list with all your applications then everything has worked, reboot and now the system will install and run all your Applications from your music partition which should be 15gb rather than the 300mb system root partition.

So complicated! umm so yeah this is realyl annoying when using moblie chat cos it logs you out everytime. Anyone else have this problem?

Try to get BossTool. Go to Sources in Installer and get BigBoss' sources. You should be able to find it pretty easily. Open it and hit Free Disk Space. Move Fonts and Ringtones first and make sure that the disk space size changes. Then move applications. Now it should work. Also, get MobileChat from the actual makers; Twenty08. It fixes a lot of bugs, plus it looks nicer.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

make sure your permissions are set correctly in installer, if possible reinstall installer, and restart your iphone
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

I have similar problems. It gives me error unable to install after the download part and into the start of check package why?

I got this error often, and it usually happened after installing large amounts of packages at a time w/o rebooting (unlocking it) or when I entered several sources at a time. Just reboot it and it should solve your issues.