Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak Friends Ipod touch

Default Jailbreak Friends Ipod touch
    my friend wants me to jailbreak her ipod touch. This monday she will give it to me and i really forgot how to do it.

I have experiance with my Iphone( Unlocked,Jailbroken, 1.1.2) but i really need to be pointed to all the necassary files and guides on how to just make installer.app workable on her touch.

i will provide any information if necassary.

Thanks

Read my FAQ.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Click on any of the links/URL's in my sig.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

any old fashion way of doing it? I'm used to just getting on iTunes shift+ctrl and then ibrickr, jailbreakme.com, etc etc

Any similar way of doing it? For my iphone I used a very detailed guide with steps and pictures. Anything similar? If not then will iliberty+ work on it?

i used iliberty. it's really easy. ironically, a girl gave me an ipod last week too to jailbreak it lol. i was kinda scared i was gonna mess it up but everything was fine. just remember to go to the advanced tab>payloads available on repo>refresh>and then check the box beside installer and bsdsubsystem which is needed for most apps. the first time i JBed the ipod for the girl, installer wasn't installed which was kinda pointless. If you're going to do any SSHing, remember to also check the box beside OpenSSH so you can use WinSCP or something to put files on her ipod. good luck!
    Last edited by bootareen; 2008-04-26 at 12:01 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bootareen For This Useful Post:

Wiiman (2008-04-26)

Thanks for the help, I am kinda nrevous ill mess it up, but im sure it'll turn out fine.

Green Apple
    Thanks

if your going to install bsd subsystem and ssh then it will be a good idea to change your root password from the default.