Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: At my whits end with this greyd out WiFi, no Bleutooth, and weak battery life! HELP!

Default At my whits end with this greyd out WiFi, no Bleutooth, and weak battery life! HELP!
    I still cant figure it out. My iPhone is pretty screwed up. Can anyone explain to me exactly how to package swifi into pwnage tool or iLiberty+? I'm using a PowerBook G4 with the latest Tiger software.
    Ok, I figured that you have to create a custom file "package" and rename it with the .bundle extension for pwnage tool, but I'm just not sure about how to package it properly? (coding and all)
    Then once you upload it to the new ipsw package and install that thru iTunes; I understand you must initiate the swifi process on your iphone manually with the terminal app. I know how to log in to the root using "alpine" but I'm not too sure about the command line used to initiate the swifi process. (I don't know that much about coding)
    With iLiberty+ everywhere I read it says to just simply download the swifi.zip and add it to "custom payload" except every time I try adding either the zip or unzipped file it won't accept it. I dont understand what formats it will accept either. I have tried following many different guides with no succes. I have googled the hell out of this topic and I am almost at a dead end. I am really hoping that swifi tool will allow me to regain my battery life, bluetooth and wifi functionality otherwise I gotta craigslist this piece. I really appreciate any help as I have been quite frustrated throughout this process. And although I am very knowledgeable in DAW and digital recording and such, I know next to nothing about this kind of stuff. Again I really appreciate everyone for all they do, and the knowledge these forums can facilitate.
    Best regards.
    Last edited by icolinirie; 2008-04-22 at 08:19 PM. Reason: calrification of post

2. The Following User Says Thank You to icolinirie For This Useful Post:

chinameat (2008-05-02)

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

when did the ipod touch get bluetooth?
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

No, seriously. Its an iPhone week 28. 1.1 OTB. I had it jailbroken and unlocked and after it was broke for T-Mobile, but the BT & WiFi weren't working. I lived with it for a few months until recently when I heard about various fixes with iLiberty and Pwnage Tool.. ie.. the swifi fix.
    My biggest problem: I cant figure out how to get that swifi onto my iphone so I can run the diagnostic and repair via vt100. I've tried unzipping it, renaming it to .tar and then adding it to iLiberty+. I dont know code well enough to get a package put together with it for Pwnage. I really need someone that can help walk me through this.
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I will write up a walk through guide for how I got mine up and running and how I went about doing it however I am currently at work so it will have to wait until later, it might take me a little bit of time to write it all out so if somebody beats me to it all the better for you however if they don't please be patient and I will have it for you as soon as I can.

You are a Saint sir. Thank you very much. I am patiently awaiting any response so that I may immediately try and remedy this ugly issue that I'm having. Again, many thanks.
    -Colin

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well unfortunately while tracing back the steps I took to get my wifi up and running using swifi I have come across a problem. When I first did the fix I used the Pwnage tool which had just been released. Basically what I did was show the package contents on the pwnage app and manually place the swifi script in the var folder embedded deep within the content package under the appropriate firmware folder. The problem is now with the latest release of the program none of these folders seem to exist anymore and I do not have the older version of the program so I am at a loss to assist you at this time. I had intended on doing a write up shortly after I did it but as the story goes, work and what not, I just never had the time, plus the iphone dev team had mentioned on their site that they would incorporate the swifi fix in a future release of the Pwnage tool which I guess they haven't done quite yet... I am sorry I can't be of more help, if I find another method I will post it.

Thanks for getting back. That would be great if it got included in the next release of Pwnage tool. I'll definitely keep an eye out for that.

I found a wifi fix on this site Computer and Smartphone security - Home But it still keeps greying out. i have a 1g iPhone running 3.1.2 firmware use redsnow to jailbreak and unlock can i use swifi with my firmware