Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [1.1.2] Freezing. Touching Not Working. Flashing Screen.

Default [1.1.2] Freezing. Touching Not Working. Flashing Screen.
    where to begin..
    well, i just got my iPod back today (got it taken away for a long time).
    im running on 1.1.2 btw.
    and so i turn it on, and i notice when i click on an app, lets use one of my categories app as an example. so i click on the 'games' app, and when im inside of that folder i cant click on anything. the touch isnt recognizing the touch! the same thing goes with music or anything else.
    when i restart my touch, i always get something weird that freaks me out. it either has some flashing lines or the poweroff screen is flashing or something along those lines. ive honestly tried restoring more than 5 times (edit; over 20 times now!), and it just isnt working. :/
    and this is the first time this is ever happened.
    & i dont want to resort to restoring my touch cause that would suck alot.
    (and yes i saw that one thread with a similar problem, but i still have no solution)
    so please help!

edit;
    also, if it miraculously gets past the flashing screen and i push the hold button. i can still see the screen but dimmed.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had a similar problem to what your describing only it started after rather large amounts of vibrations from a motor bike ( I think ) it just kept getting worse and worse till it wouldnt turn on, im pretty sure it was a hardware problem not a software problem. I has to take it in to apple and got a replacement.

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldskoolkid13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A a r o n View Post
    where to begin..
    well, i just got my iPod back today (got it taken away for a long time).
    im running on 1.1.2 btw.
    and so i turn it on, and i notice when i click on an app, lets use one of my categories app as an example. so i click on the 'games' app, and when im inside of that folder i cant click on anything. the touch isnt recognizing the touch! the same thing goes with music or anything else.
    when i restart my touch, i always get something weird that freaks me out. it either has some flashing lines or the poweroff screen is flashing or something along those lines. ive honestly tried restoring more than 5 times (edit; over 20 times now!), and it just isnt working. :/
    and this is the first time this is ever happened.
    & i dont want to resort to restoring my touch cause that would suck alot.
    (and yes i saw that one thread with a similar problem, but i still have no solution)
    so please help!

edit;
    also, if it miraculously gets past the flashing screen and i push the hold button. i can still see the screen but dimmed.
    ive had the same excat problem w/ my iphone lately, ive just been restoring and eventually getting it 2 work only 2 have it happen a less than a week later, unfortunately, i too do not have a solution to this problem

If I helped you at all please hit the thanks button 4 me!

Thanks

Well, I would suggest restoring because if I were you I would get pretty pissed.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

I just had the same issue. It keeps happening, no solution found yet. If you force shut down your iPod, the Touch will recognize the "touch" (as you put it). I would just restore though, because the flashing lights and such shouldn't be happening.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

I had the exact same problem with my iPod, and I solved it. Afterdays of frustration, I traced it to my 3rd party Stacks SpringBoard extension. So if you have Stacks installed, I bet that that's your problem.