Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JailBreak 1.1.4 On 16GB

Default JailBreak 1.1.4 On 16GB
    Ok... I'm on 1.1.1 with a 16GB iTouch. When 1.1.3 was the big thing I tried JailBreaking it ZiPhone but as most of you know it doesn't work with 16 or 32GB. So I have two quick questions...

If I put my iTouch on 1.1.4 firmware with iTunes and use the newest version of iLiberty, will it be able to Jailbreak my 16GB iTouch?

Also... I have seen screen shots of iLiberty and seen that you can add BSD and OpenSSH straight from iLiberty. Is iLiberty just a normal Jailbreak (When I mean normal I mean it Jailbreaks and adds Installer and nothing more) or is it more of a Pwnage type thingy, like custom firmware?

UPDATE: I have used ZiPhone 3.0 to update to 1.1.4 JB, it works wonders. I recommend it to anybody.
    Last edited by cheezy; 2008-04-26 at 03:58 AM.

The latest ziphone does work now nit like before on one click and i can confirm since i have a 32gb with 1.1.4 and have done it over 10 times now with no problem.

iLiberty is more or less ZiPhone, but more aimed for both the iPod and the iPhone. I tried iLiberty, but I couldn't get it to run on Linux, so I used plain old (modded) ZiPhone. I think that Lobo Lansky knows what he's talking about saying that ZiPhone works w/ 1.1.4 32GB, seeing as he has done it over 10 times =). iLiberty is not so much like Pwnge, although it will allow you to install certain things through the jailbreak process.
    Give credit where credit is due, press "thank you"
    When all else fails, put it into restore mode!!!
    Remember, Google is your best friend. And so is YouTube!!!
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/How...ty_or_iLbertyX Enjoy the guide.

Both ziPhone and iLiberty will jailbreak your iPod.
    I have not had the need to use iLiberty, but with ziPhone you need to install OpenSSH and BSD Subsystem manually.

Both programs will jailbreak your iPod in under a minute. They both will add the Installer app.

They don't install a custom firmware, either. Only pwnage does that.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!