Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod wont restore in itunes stuck in recovery mode... please help

Default iPod wont restore in itunes stuck in recovery mode... please help
    My ipod froze when playing on the snes emulator... so i tried to reset it and it went into recovery mode

i tried restoring in itunes and only an error occurs

can please someone help???

Try using Ziphone to put the iphone into "DFU" mode and restore it from there.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

jimmylgoin (2008-06-06), marcost (2008-04-12)

wat error number is it?
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mbrooksr For This Useful Post:

marcost (2008-04-12)

K thanks for helping

the battery died and then it let me restore

my ipod did the same thing. i jailbroke it with cydia and appstore wouldnt work so when i tried to jailbreak it again without cydia, it wouldnt let me restore it. it said that an unknown error occured. error 6. some one please help me

iPhone? More like MyPhone chbearsrock's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ftballfreek6999 View Post
    my ipod did the same thing. i jailbroke it with cydia and appstore wouldnt work so when i tried to jailbreak it again without cydia, it wouldnt let me restore it. it said that an unknown error occured. error 6. some one please help me
    As the Mod said above, try putting your ipod in DFU mode first. If you don't have Ziphone then do this: Hold the power and home buttons for 10 seconds. When the phone restarts, let go of the power button while keeping the home button pressed. You can let go once your computer recognizes your ipod in DFU mode. Itunes will automatically tell you to restore it.

it was already in dfu mode when i tried to restore it. it said preparing ipod for restore but it wouldnt go past that.