Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Removing Perl

Default Removing Perl
    Just installer perl today and apparently it causes the installer to crash whenever I want to install something new and after a while causes the main script execution failed problem. How do you get rid of it? It's not under the uninstall of installer. What folder do I delete when I SSH into the ipod? Running on 1.1.4. Thanks in advanced.

edit
    nvm found it, SSH then goto root then /opt/iphone/lib delete perl5 folder, then goto root and then to /opt/iphone/bin and delete all files there (if you got other things such as php don't delete those). It helps to check the time stamp if you know aprox. when you installed perl. (delete all files of the same time stamp of the "perl" file found in that folder). then go back to installer. you get a msgbox that says nullriver v3.01 installer blah blah once you enter. then your good to go. installer works again. hope this helps everyone out as well.
    Last edited by Deviatorz; 2008-04-10 at 11:47 AM.

heh its possible u needed clearing the queue only but anyways kudos for fixing it
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

that was one of the first thing i did and it didnt fix it. did some google searching and it just so happens that crashes installer for some odd reason. just needed to remove it afterwards.