Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pwning my itouch... why isnt it working?!?

Default pwning my itouch... why isnt it working?!?
    so yesterday i tried to "pwn" my itouch. yes i have a mac, and i downloaded everything i needed on my comp with my ipod updated to 1.1.4 NOT jailbroken yet.

I got to this point:

"Now we are going to create a custom .ipsw to flash to your iPhone via iTunes. Remember you phone is still plugged in and on the restore screen. Select IPSW Builder in PwnageTool.

Choose your options. Descriptions from PwnageTool. You'll need this file when it asks for bootoader files.

Enable baseband update - Determines if the baseband update should be enabled in the custom ipsw. Only check this button if you wish to update the baseband modem portion of your iPhone. Warming! This may remove previous baseband unlocks or other modifications that have been previously made. If in doubt leave it unchecked.

Neuter bootloader - This will enable "Bootneutering" to the baseband firmware allowing custom firmware to be installed onto the iPhone baseband by convincing the iPhone that it is secure. Arbitrary secpacks and fls files will be accepted when the device is in this state. More info about bootneuter.

BLAH BLAH BLAHHHH

Once you have selected your options select OK, name your custom .ipsw and save it"

when i got to that window to check off the nueter bootloader and enable the baseband update, i couldnt check off any of the boxes. i could only check the bottom one which was the Dev Team custom default setting...

Also when i got to the part to customize my IPSW, i downloaded all the customizing stuff but the bootnueter window never popped up on my itouch.

So i pretty much half jailbroke it... Should i just unpwn it? or is there a certain way to unpwn it? it'd me much apreciated.

thanks!

Thanks

UnPwn it, wait until the iPod version comes out. Better to play it safe than screw your iPod up permanently.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iFilipino For This Useful Post:

skateordie (2008-04-05)