Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: safari download plug in

Default safari download plug in
    i have a 32gb ipod touch running 1.1.4 i cant find a plug in that works for downloading i no they are about but i cant find any, any help would be grateful.

Thanks

I don't think one is yet compatible with 1.1.4.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

the one that says its for 1.1.2 actually works for 1.1.3/4 as well. I have it on my 1.1.4 and it works fine. You can also get a Bossprefs plugin to activate/disable it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

i cant find this plugin too, where is it exactly?

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

copycoders source
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

i have tried the 1.1.2 plugin but cant get it to work, how do u get it to work?

Thanks

I'll give you the files in a minute.

im ready & waiting

Thanks

Take the ".webplugin" files and put it in /System/Library/Internet Plug-Ins. Set all the file's permissions in the two folders to 755. Now, place the SendFile.app in the Applications folder. Set all the files in the folder to 755. Now reset your iPod and enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iFilipino For This Useful Post:

snagglepuss2k (2008-04-05)

still cant get it to work when i change the permissions in the quick time plugin and the send file app to 755 they keep going back to 644.

I have a working install on my repository: dezign999.com/repo

Here's my video on the subject:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsOYj7uB2LI&fmt=18"]YouTube - SafariDL Tutorial[/ame]

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

Daviid (2008-06-02), kmac1622 (2008-04-13)

thanks i will give it a go

Thanks

i tested all the tips but can't get the plugin working. it shows up in bossprefs but switching on/off is not working.
    tried to install several version of the plugin, but none is working for me. do i need to install the normal safaridownload plugin first and apply this as an update? thanks for the help

running 1.1.4 w/3.9BL
    boot error - no coffee found - operator halted
    iPhone 2G 16GB 3.0.0 Debianmod

Thanks

Use my files that I posted.

Or you could just get an application called Torrentula. It will install the Safari Download Plugin for you. I haven't had the chance to try it yet, just because I am trying to get my music to start playing again. For some strange reason it doesn't wanna play. Torrentula is from DAV Team. It's from the DAV Team repo. If you don't have the source for it, I bet you could just do a simple Google search for DAV Team Repository Source and easily find it.

Quote Originally Posted by iFilipino View Post
    Take the ".webplugin" files and put it in /System/Library/Internet Plug-Ins. Set all the file's permissions in the two folders to 755. Now, place the SendFile.app in the Applications folder. Set all the files in the folder to 755. Now reset your iPod and enjoy!
    I don't mean to disrespect your effort, but your answer to the question is misleading and confusing. The SendFile.app has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Safari Download Plugin. So you ignore that part of the instruction and leave it out (it won't do any damage if you do copy it along; although imho a clean install through Cydia or Installer is typically preferred because of advantages like being notified of updates).
    2007 meets 1982: iPhone + akaRemote > (lotsa stuff >) > TB-303: Controlling the Bassline with the Accelerometer

The DAV Team repo is the easiest way to do it imo.
    Just set the repo up in Installer and install the Torrentula package. Saves a lot of ssh and mucking around. Was how i did it.
    Works a treat on 1.1.4, you just have to remember that the files are under /var/root/Downloads instead of the home directory (/var/mobile/Downloads).

I have iNetservices by spazio on my 1.1.4 but yet i also have the compatibility patch but i think it could work without it. I also have
    "swapplugins" just incase i want to use and just listen to a song on safari w/o having to download it
    We are all slaves of time.

iFilipino, your plugin does not work for 1.1.4. I just tried doing what you said, but when I try to download an mp3, it says "Download failed. Could not start saving."

Ok guys here's what you need to do, downloads from SFplugin go to (in 1.1.4) "var/root/Downloads"

you need to check and see if you have that in your directory,if you have it delete it and create a new one in "var/root"(right click, new directory, file name: Downloads) if not same thing, create one in var/root (right click, new directory, file name: Downloads)
    after you create it change permissions to 755 by right clicking and hitting properties

and i might be wrong about it being "var/root/Downloads", im not on winSCp and don't have access to it but it might be under "private/var/root/downloads"

once you've made sure you have a Downloads folder, check if you can download, if not try uninstalling the plugin, make sure you have bossprefs installed and reinstall SFplugin, and restart your phone and check again

let me know how it goes, if anybody tries this

also if you've made any changes with Putty, you might have a downloads file with a little red shorcut looking thing in "var/root/", delete that as you've made a shortcut to a wrong place where it can't save the download
    Last edited by colmiak; 2008-05-27 at 10:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast