Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Media Folder Not Showing Up in SSH

Default Media Folder Not Showing Up in SSH
    When i first used Cyberduck to access my ipod the Media folder was where it was supposed to be, but now it doesn't show up. It occured after I went through the method of allowing saves for NES games...It might have something to do with an accidental thing i did in Terminal...I accidentally entered the code into Terminal without remotely connecting to my ipod. here's the code of what happened:

Lappy:~ joshuatruong$ chown -hR mobile//var/mobile
    usage: chown [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] owner[:group] file ...
    chown [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] :group file ...

Since I can't get into the Media folder I can't put anymore ROMs on my iPod... Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the Media folder to show up again in Cyberduck?

Thanks.

Also, I've tried putting files into the Library folder (which shows up) but the files don't show up in the app MobileFinder. Everything shows up in the var/mobile folder but ya can't add games to that... If anyone has any ideas whatsoever to try or has any questions I'll be happy to answer... I have no idea what could have caused this.
    Last edited by incubeezer; 2008-03-20 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yeah I updated to 1.1.4 and couldnt find the media file following the youtube tutorial i had used before! so back up one level in the directory thingy to " /private/var " and there are now 16 files showing. under mobile there is a library file and a media file. that is the media file you are lookin for. (unless i totally misunderstood what you are talking about... which is very possible, i am far from an expert)