Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: if upgrade my FW, how much mem. will it cost?

Default if upgrade my FW, how much mem. will it cost?
    i have ipod touch in 2.2.1 and i want to upgrade it to 4.0, will it eat a lot of memory cause i only have a 8gb ipodtouch jailbreaked?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It might slow it down a bit. I have an iPT 2G 8GB on 4.1, it ran ok with a slight lag, but I don't like any lag so I disabled multitask and wallpaper on it. Now it runs great. If you are willing to disable native multitask and wallpaper, then 4.1 is the way to go. If you want those features, there will be a slight lag. I'm assuming you dont have the 3g or 4g iPT.

i dont think i have those. i have a 1st gen. ipod. i can set this aside for a while.

shifting to iphone.(sorry for the wrong thread,maybe you might have some answers)
    is there new news on jailbreaking and unlocking iphone 4g on 3.1.3 FW and 5.12.05BB?
    my aunt gave me an iphone but its not jailbreaked/unlocked yet.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Oh, if it is a first gen iPod you can't go up to 4.x anyway.

Your iPhone can't be a 4th gen (iPhone 4) if it's on 3.1.3. Is it a 3G?

oh im sorry, my mistake its an iphone 3g with 3.1.3FW with 5.12.01BB

if its ok with you, can i have your fb email or ym so that you can help me step by step.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Oh it's very simple then. I can just write you a step by step guide right now. If you follow my steps, you'll be fine. If you're on 3.1.3 right now, you can just run the jailbreak tool on it and unlock. It'll take you less than 10 minutes.

Downloads:
    1) get Redsn0w 0.9.4 (download here: http://xs1.iphwn.org/rs/redsn0w-win_0.9.4.zip )
    2) get a 3.1.2 ipsw (get it here: click here
    3) when you have those downloaded, open Redsn0w 0.9.4
    4) select the 3.1.2 ipsw
    5) continue and it will prompt you to select things. Select/check mark only "Cydia".
    6) it will then tell you to then your phone off and set your device into DFU. I'll tell you how in the next step, so first turn your phone off.
    7) hold your home and power button until the appl logo shows, keep holding until the screen goes black. When the screen goes black release the power button but keep holding home. Keep holding home until redsn0w continues the jailbreak process.
    8) after redsn0w is done, you should be able to go to your springboard and find Cydia
    9) open Cydia and let it reorganize itself
    10) when that's done, open Cydia again. Upgrade all the packages it asks you to when it prompts you.
    11) phone will reboot
    12) after reboot, enter Cydia again and search for "ultrasn0w" (that's a zero, not an O"
    13) install Ultrasn0w. Reboot phone. Then it should be unlocked.
    14) go back to Cydia and go to manage>sources>edit>add and enter this URL "www.cmdshft.ipwn.me/apt" and install "push doctor". This will fix any push and YouTube problems.

Then you're done.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

bordabol (2010-11-18)

thanks much!! i'll try this reply as soon as i download the necessary items.

tnxtnx kiss!

ive just jailbreaked my phone but apparently i dont have wi-fi here, maybe this afternoon.

ive just jailbreaked my phone but apparently i dont have wi-fi here, maybe this afternoon.
    Last edited by bordabol; 2010-11-18 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Ah yes, you'll need wifi for Cydia. Let me know how it goes when you get it done