Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Content In Music

Default No Content In Music
    Hi Guys, I apologise if this is in the wrong spot, this forum confuses me as to the layout.
    So, I'm encountering a problem here, what's happening is that I have a lot of music. The problem is that I only have a 32gb iPod but thats just me complaining. What I did to hopefully be able to fill up my iPod as much as possible is that I selected the "Convert higher bitr ate songs to 128 kbps AAC" option. This makes sense, I am not a particular audiophile and I probably wouldn't be able to hear the difference. After selecting this option, my iPod took around a day to sync. This was to be expected in my opinion as converting the thousands of songs and then transferring them would be a drag. When the syncing was finishing up I got an error, I think it was "The computer couldn't sync with the iPod." Hitting ok, I got another "The iPod "iPod Name" cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (13019)." I accepted this and went with the flow, disconnecting my iPod. I did various things and then went to play music and lo-behold, the music app had the words "No Content, You can download music from iTunes" scrawled across it. I plugged it back into iTunes, attempted a sync and got "The iPod "iPod Name" cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (13019)." again. Looking at the bar which displays the space used up by the various soft entities. I had 24.5Gb of music and various other things including 1.63Gb of unused space. I then proceeded to investigate if that wasn't lying to me so I accessed the music dropdown on the left navigation bar and looked at the songs held on my iPod. It showed every song that I wanted on there, I had intended to sync it with a special playlist on my computer comprising of my most loved songs.
    I then went to the omnipotent fountain of knowledge, Google. I was unable to find anything directly related, I did find some people with the error (13019) but the suggestions to fix my problem were futile.
    So, whats going wrong? My iPod is a 3G with 4.1 installed, jailbroken of course. If I have missed anything in my expose, let me know.
    Also, is it possible to get a log file for my iPod?

P.S. Apologies for the long explanation, I am meant to be writing an english essay so I directed my efforts to this instead.

Back again, I don't really like people who bump but I really would like to find a solution, any response would be helpful

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

From Apple's help site.

The error will most commonly occur while syncing music. This issue can be resolved by following these steps:

Select the iPhone or iPod touch in iTunes under Devices.

Click the Music tab and under the Sync music option, choose Selected playlists.

Deselect the Voice Memos playlist.

Click Apply and then click Sync.

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, check the device and the iTunes library for duplicate voice memos. If you find any duplicate voice memos, delete the duplicates and then sync.

If those steps do not resolve the issue, then follow these steps:

Select the iPhone or iPod touch in iTunes under Devices.

Click the Music tab and deselect the Sync Music option.

After the sync is complete, reselect the Sync Music option.

Source: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2830

Some other places say just unselect voice memos and hit apply and it will work.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-11-06 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

We have success, I feel so stupid that I somehow managed to miss that. Anyway, thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

No problem. Glad it helped.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]