Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incredibly annoying weird Ipod touch problem

Default Incredibly annoying weird Ipod touch problem
    Hi, I came to these forums for help, I don't know whether to put this under the jailbreaking forum, or this general forum, but anyways. I had a 4.0 jailbroken 2g Ipod Touch, and then I tried to add an app to it, but when i did that, I got the error OxE8008001, so, after a while of trying to fix it, I just restored my ipod, but when I restored, it updated to 4.1, where at the time, it couldn't be jailbroken, then, I tried doing the sn0wbreeze jailbreak, and it completely screwed my ipod up. Every time I press the lock button, it will turn off for about 5 seconds, and then turn back on, with the slide to power off thing popping up, and at random times, it will turn on and off rapidly, then turn back on, with the slide to power off thing. This seems to happen mostly when it's plugged in, and I've tried jailbreaking it several times, always resulting in a failure, because I can't really go into DFU mode, because the power button is messed up. And the power button doesn't stick or anything, I haven't dropped it, i haven't spilled anything on it either. This is so annoying, and I don't know what else to do, any advice?

No offense but if it hasnt been dropped how is the button messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabprince View Post
    No offense but if it hasnt been dropped how is the button messed up.
    It'd be nice if I knew how the button is messed up

Yeah that would be nice to know. I see the problem that you have. Do you by any chance have the warranty on it. Another way is to possibly fix the power button.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabprince View Post
    Yeah that would be nice to know. I see the problem that you have. Do you by any chance have the warranty on it. Another way is to possibly fix the power button.
    I got it like, 2 years ago for christmas, and it has been jailbroken countless times, would the warranty still cover it? What would I do, take it to an apple store?

Say but no unless you happened to purchase the apple care protection plan. You could also see if it had a warranty from apples website.