Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!

Thanks
    Default Help!
    I jailbroke my 2G iPod touch to iOS4.0 two days ago, and yesterday it worked just fine. Today, however, It decided it wont open a couple of apps (settings, music, mail, facebook, notes) and it would open and load, load, load, and then crash and run in the background. I know some of you are going to tell me i shouldnt have enabled multitasking but i dont have a memory issue. I have plenty more than enough memory, and it is running only THAT application. My Instalous apps work just fine, and i can multitask with them and have plenty of memory. I always keep my memory usage in the statusbar so i can mediate it. I usually have 20-30 MB when opening apps, and with nothing running, I usually max out at around 53 MB since I have jailbroken to 4.0 WITH multitasking. Please help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I have NO idea what happened, but I turned on my Wi-Fi, and everything decided to cooperate and work. Very strange. Has anyone else run across a similar problem?

EDIT: Again -__-. The Wi-Fi isnt the solution to the problem, because I turned it off, and everything cooperated. I'm sure by tomorrow, none of it will work again. Had ANYONE else ran into this problem???
    Last edited by JAEGERBOMB; 2010-10-05 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks

Hmm. I had my iPod Touch 2G jailbroken on 4.0 when it first came out. I have multitasking, custom wallpaper, and all that enabled and it still functions speedily with no problems.

Have you installed any tweaks?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dotFIVE For This Useful Post:

JAEGERBOMB (2010-10-10)

Thanks
    Not really. One of the main reasons I updated from 3.1.2 was to completely clean out my tweaks/themes and everything. My iPod used to get 43-45 MB max because everything was slowing it down. The only tweak really that I have installed is NoSpot, and that didnt give me any troubles when I was on 3.1.2. I am POSITIVE that this has NOTHING to do with memory, and 99% sure that native multitasking is not the culprit either.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It happened AGAIN today! Toggling on my Wi-Fi did NOT help. I tried 4 times to get into my music application over the course of 15 minutes and I was able to get in. Can ANYONE provide ANY feedback?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It turns out the problem was either a mixture of Infiniboard and Locktopus, or just Locktopus by itself. Either way, iPod runs much faster and less laggy now.
    Thanks DOTfive for your comment about the tweaks, that was indeed the problem, +1 Thanks!
    Last edited by JAEGERBOMB; 2010-10-10 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost