Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: a few questions on jailbreaking ios 4.0

Default a few questions on jailbreaking ios 4.0
    I own an ipod 3g 32g touch. i originally jailbroke it with blackrain (also the ipod was originally a 3.1.3 version). when the spirit jailbreak came out i foolishly re - jailbroke my ipod without reading the warning, and without re setting the ipod to factory settings, thus bricking it, and rendering it useless. i clicked on make my life easier in cydia when my ipod was jailbroken and healthy - long story short, my bricked ipod works, and unfortunately is upgraded to version 4.0. i have it jailbroken with jailbreakme, but am not sure how to retrieve my shsh blobs. also if i clicked on make my life easier with an earlier version (3.1.2)should i not be able to retrieve that shsh blob as well. can i downgrade my 4.0 to 3.1.2?

It depends on when you clicked that button. Apple stopped signing 3.1.3 two weeks after ios4 came out. Shsh files are automatically updated when you sign into the app store(Apple's). Even though you are running older software, your shsh I'm sure is already at 4.0.2. I suggest googling tiny umbrella, and reading how to use it as this will save you lots of headaches in the future. It also can retrieve shsh's from cydia and acts as the apple server