Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Support for iPod phone rumor

Thanks

Default Support for iPod phone rumor
    On an iPod touch 4G (possibly all 4.1 devices?) every app for monitoring processes consistently shows "MobilePhone" running. Sure supports the theory for an iPod phone coming up. If any of you have similar results post them here. I'd love to see if this is on all 4.1 devices.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

right... so your telling me that ipods are going to get phone abilities? so it would become a phone...? i doubt it.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

That totally makes no since, so an iPod will have phone capabilities, o wait they already do but there called iPhones genius
    If Apple made an iPod able to call someone they would lose money on people buying a cheaper version of the iPhone, so thus it will never be

Thanks

I don't know, I just thought is was weird and supported that news post yesterday, "Make Calls with Your iPod/iPad: Apple Patent". I don't know what could cause every process scanning app to say that it has "MobilePhone" running. I still don't think Apple will actually follow through with all of this since it's such a bad business move. I don't even want to make my iPod into a carrier supported mobile phone anyway, I just think it's interesting that the process takes up more than "MobileMusicPlayer"

Thanks

Now that I jb'd I found out it's FaceTime booting automatically for some reason.