Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod Touch Overclocking Please Help

Default Ipod Touch Overclocking Please Help
    Is it posible to make the ipod run faster as i use it for a lot of gaming. and its a bit slow sometimes and can get very laggy. i just wonderd if thers something i can do on ifile or anything like that. thx

please help. i really need to speed up my ipod
    Last edited by iDelexia; 2010-09-16 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

After reading several threads over the years there is a lot of debate as to if this is possible or not. People have come out with software scripts and plist edits to try and overclock but then other devs refute these fixes with contrary evidence. My opinion is that the clock speed is hardwired and if it was possible it would have been integrated into a pwnage tool or something years ago.

Ok thanks for teling me. i wish there was though.

I wish I could overbook to

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    After reading several threads over the years there is a lot of debate as to if this is possible or not. People have come out with software scripts and plist edits to try and overclock but then other devs refute these fixes with contrary evidence. My opinion is that the clock speed is hardwired and if it was possible it would have been integrated into a pwnage tool or something years ago.
    My understanding (probably less than yours) of the various threads and debates seems to suggest it only worked (if it ever did) with a few specific kernels on a few specific devices; and the best reports of success were sketchy (not easily repeatable).
    I could believe that someone hacked up an older kernel, on a slower CPU that wasn't clock-locked, to get maybe 10% improvement. Even if some models are or were locked- that doesn't guarantee they all are.

My opinion otoh, is that its just a huge waste of time.
    - It'll never be a feature Apple will normally support in the kernel,
    - the tricks you'd have to do would probably change with each new firmware
    - CPU might be clock-locked for all models anyway
    take your pick.