Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod Touch 2g 4.0 boot logo

Default Ipod Touch 2g 4.0 boot logo
    I have a jailbroken (jailbreakme.com) Ipod touch 2g firmware 4.0 and I want to use custom boot logos (amoung other things). A few days ago I had found what seemed to be a method of importing and replacing files directly on the device to change boot and carrier logos. The problem is, I can't find the webpage anymore and all the alternative methods appear to either be out of date or need do be done while restoring.

Does anyone know the method I had found, and can kindly point me back it it?

As far as I know, you cant get custom boot logos with jailbreakme because it isnt an exploit with the bootrom. The only way you could do it is if you have a MB model 2G use redsn0w.

Quote Originally Posted by iPodNerd12 View Post
    As far as I know, you cant get custom boot logos with jailbreakme because it isnt an exploit with the bootrom. The only way you could do it is if you have a MB model 2G use redsn0w.
    Unfortunately, I have an MC Model, so I guess I'm fresh out of options.

I never really understood why the MC models have so few jailbreaking options.
    Last edited by Dex Luther; 2010-09-19 at 02:55 AM.

Well apparently the new jailbreak is a bootrom for all devices but don't take my word for it. Also if you were wondering the diference between MC and MB is the bootrom chip thing is updated and the exploit with redsn0w is patched. If you have any more questions just ask!

Which new jailbreak? Ive been searching for iPod touch 2G 4.0 jailbreak, and all that comes up is redsnow beta, which isn't compatible with my model.

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Luther View Post
    Which new jailbreak? Ive been searching for iPod touch 2G 4.0 jailbreak, and all that comes up is redsnow beta, which isn't compatible with my model.
    Its not out yet. If you have twiiter follow ipod2g